Author Topic: One punch can kill...time to ban ufc  (Read 3447 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
One punch can kill...time to ban ufc
« on: January 11, 2014, 05:41:35 AM »
This is nothing more than thuggery masquerading as a sport and it should be banned. This is not ancient Rome, this is 2014.

I would argue that it is a pretty fair bet that many of the young people that idolise this so called sport are also the ones getting fuelled up on roids, grog and god knows whatever else for no other reason than to look for fight or a innocent to beat on.

Anyone who throws the coward punch and puts someone in hospital should be charged with attempted murder. If unfortunately the victim dies then the charge is murder. Simple.

Lifting the drinking age back to 21, bring back early closing times for pubs and make the publicans more accountable for rsa would also make a hell of a lot of sense.

^^^

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:43:50 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: One punch can kill...time to ban ufc
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 07:36:01 AM »

Yes , people need to be wrapped up in cotton wool for their ow safety
I an so glad you took the time to post this, it shows you care

Offline Zedman

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 10:46:05 AM »
This may be a bit off topic but is tied in.

I don't really like UFC is about as directly related as I will get.

It seems there is a preoccupation in media to focus on negitive ie behavior if youth. The good that youth do is far larger than the crap we seen on TV. What is presented is a very limited view of reality.

Alcohol abuse and violence is not a new thing. Finding it unacceptable may be new.
Where I grew up, western Sydney, proofter bashing, wog bashing, getting on the piss, rooting sluts and plenty more used to be fairly common terms used. Sorry if you don't like the language.

It was not too unusual to hear stories of young men getting drunk/ paralytic, fighting and then remembering nothing. Next day they would brag about it.

It was brutal. It was savage. It wasn't good. It wasn't new. It's it new now.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 10:55:51 AM »

A friend of mine was king hit four years ago and died as a result. Prosecution failed and the jury couldn't bring themselves to convict, despite there being strong evidence that my friend did not commit any act of aggression, and none to suggest anything other than a single blow by the perpetrator.

I recall lots of fights from my youth, I don't recall a single death though.

Yes, perhaps its the media "sensationalizing" this issue - I find it hard to understand how something like this getting media attention is a bad thing.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 11:14:18 AM »
I think the Romans were far more civilized than the "sport" of UFC. Boxing is a sport. Wrestling is a sport. WWF/WWE Wrestling is entertainment - carefully scripted and enacted by Stuntmen/athletes.

UFC is simply some sort of neanderthal rubbish that is an embarrassment to Boxing. If it ever goes mainstream, then we will have big social problems !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Zedman

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 11:18:39 AM »

A friend of mine was king hit four years ago and died as a result. Prosecution failed and the jury couldn't bring themselves to convict, despite there being strong evidence that my friend did not commit any act of aggression, and none to suggest anything other than a single blow by the perpetrator.

I recall lots of fights from my youth, I don't recall a single death though.

Yes, perhaps its the media "sensationalizing" this issue - I find it hard to understand how something like this getting media attention is a bad thing.

Yeah that's absolute shit.

I'm not saying that bringing evil out of the dark is a bad thing. I do think that it actually encourages some and also is out if balance.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 11:25:25 AM »
How is boxing a spot?
The aim is to inflict brain injury

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 11:28:41 AM »
How is boxing a spot?
The aim is to inflict brain injury

Personally, I don't see Boxing as a sport either, when the idea is harm your opponent or knock them unconscious, I see it as barbaric. But it is sanctioned as a sport, as so is WWE. We all know WWE is "sports entertainment".
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 12:50:16 PM »
Boxing is not a sport, it is another sham.
The Romans were not as civilised as you may like to think, cultured savages.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 12:57:34 PM »
I think the Romans were far more civilized than the "sport" of UFC. Boxing is a sport. Wrestling is a sport. WWF/WWE Wrestling is entertainment - carefully ******ed and enacted by Stuntmen/athletes.

UFC is simply some sort of neanderthal rubbish that is an embarrassment to Boxing. If it ever goes mainstream, then we will have big social problems !

It is already mainstream, it is the fastest growing sport ( hic) on the planet.
I know of kids as young as 9 getting into the ring in sanctioned bouts.
Yes that is true kids as young as 9 in the ring, supported and cheered on by the parents.
WTF is wrong with this picture!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 12:59:09 PM »

Yes , people need to be wrapped up in cotton wool for their ow safety
I an so glad you took the time to post this, it shows you care

Now that makes no sense at all and is just crap.

Offline Sgtmax

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 05:00:56 PM »
This is nothing more than thuggery masquerading as a sport and it should be banned. This is not ancient Rome, this is 2014.

I would argue that it is a pretty fair bet that many of the young people that idolise this so called sport are also the ones getting fuelled up on roids, grog and god knows whatever else for no other reason than to look for fight or a innocent to beat on.

Anyone who throws the coward punch and puts someone in hospital should be charged with attempted murder. If unfortunately the victim dies then the charge is murder. Simple.

Lifting the drinking age back to 21, bring back early closing times for pubs and make the publicans more accountable for rsa would also make a hell of a lot of sense.

^^^

Wow.. What a load of rubbish for the most part. I agree with the part that if someone does as a result of a cowardly king hit then yes it should be charged as murder, but the rest of what you say is utter rubbish. Obviously you either haven't been out in a while or don't know that many young people.. And for the last part way to make the world boring

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 07:29:27 PM »
Some interesting views here.

UFC is dramatically more civilised than the Romans n the Colleseum. I haven't seen UFC fighters getting fed to Lions or mowed down by chariots with spiked bladed wheels. No one to my knowledge has died in the real UFC shows. Unlike boxing (which is all punching to the head hundreds of times) UFC incorporates both wrestling, and many varietys of martial arts. Also, boxing is badly rigged n very corrupt. Havent seen that in UFC yet and I am a big fan n follow the sport closely.
I did martial arts for apx 15 yrs when younger (Japaneese Shotokan Karate if u want to get technical) and its saved my life a good half a dozen times over my 44 yrs when a pack of drunks have decided to attack the loner walking down the street).

Kids these days are encouraged to go to a gym n learn boxing or UFC rather than taking it to the street. Ofcourse, there are always going to be the idiots who are cowards n attack people in public for no reason), but UFC is professionally run and fighters are 99 percent professional and always shake hands before n after a fight (vast majority).

Unlike USA very popular wrestling, UFC fighters don't hit people over the head with chairs (stacks of fans in professional wrestling are kids) and Pro Wrestling shows people getiing hit over n over n over again when they are play acting hurt etc. You never see that in UFC.

I think theres a place for everything in life n sport. When u start to see weapons n lions introduced into the UFC cage, then I will say ban it, but I don't see the world speaking latin again anytime soon or throwing Christians over the UFC cage for the combatants to pumble....

UFC is professional. Ever seen the most beautiful champion Rhonda Rousey (oooo laaaaaa laaaaa) She is hot.
Imagine if she was your wife, U wouldn't want to argue much, you would be arm barred in about ten seconds n your balls squashed in 3 seconds.lol

check this link

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=ronda+rousey&hl=en&qscrl=1&rlz=1T4MDNA_enAU475AU477&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=IfLQUo_hIInnkAXBh4GoAg&sqi=2&ved=0CJcBEIke&biw=1366&bih=565

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 07:32:09 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 11:16:35 AM »
Only a thug or a fool would enjoy this crap and think of it as entertainment....and that's the problem, society is full of easily led fools and braindead thugs.

Offline Sgtmax

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 11:18:41 AM »
Just because you probably have no skills or ability to do any of this stuff yourself doesn't mean it's somthing only brain dead thugs would do..