Author Topic: One punch can kill...time to ban ufc  (Read 3445 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Re: One punch can kill...time to ban ufc
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2014, 12:08:07 AM »
This topic is like saying" v8 super car racing contributes to the road toll. Only one thing for sure tools will always be tools nothing will ever stop that.

Don't get me started on v8 racing.
 #@#

I did once read that knitting was the root cause of many a stabbing.. it is a proven fact that prisoners often fashion a "chiv" on a size 14 or 20 knitting needle

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: One punch can kill...time to ban ufc
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2014, 12:09:22 AM »
Stay on Target!

$!&
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Re: One punch can kill...time to ban ufc
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2014, 12:10:12 AM »
This topic is like saying" v8 super car racing contributes to the road toll. Only one thing for sure tools will always be tools nothing will ever stop that.

Don't get me started on v8 racing.
 #@#

I did once read that knitting was the root cause of many a stabbing.. it is a proven fact that prisoners often fashion a "chiv" on a size 14 or 20 knitting needle

Knit one, Pearl one, Stab one!

:lol
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2014, 08:54:02 AM »
One hit kills.

On this subject. The main causes seem to be , Drugs, Steroids, and hyped up idiots!
Not Alcohol Fuelled Violence more like Steroid/drug Fuelled Aggression!

I wonder have many of these cases that they actually test the accused for steroid and drugs...
The police should do random steroid tests..

Offline BuzzMoo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2014, 04:34:17 PM »
I tend to think a lot of the responsibility here lies with the parents... bored, unloved and un-attended boys that are growing up in a space that has normalised violence instead of love. We come from a warrior (spartan) culture that celebrates battle and winning battles through strength and agression. Banning UFC won't change a thing (I can't stand it, but have plenty of friends who like it) because, as someone pointed out, it's more of a reflection of our society than a driver of behaviour. Same reason why the "ban violent video games" argument doesn't make sense.

To think that parents are more comfortable allowing their teens to watch glamourised violence in the evenings rather than something sex/love related doesn't make sense to me.

I remember ages ago, as a kid sleeping over at a friend's place.. we were watching Arnie's True Lies.. The scene came on where the girl does a strip tease (I forget why..) and by this point dozens of people had been shot to death, blown up or stabbed- murdered, really, but the strip tease was the first time during the movie his mum tried to get us to look the other way. It's fine to watch murder, mayhem, death and not good to watch sex/love/life. There's part of your problem right there.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2014, 05:40:05 PM »
Admins have resolved that this thread does not benefit the forum and has been closed now that members have had time to express their views.