Author Topic: One punch can kill...time to ban ufc  (Read 3444 times)

Offline roundball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
Re:
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 03:27:03 PM »
I think that on the whole you will only need to defend yourself if you get in trouble,  and generally you only get in trouble if you go looking for trouble.  It was mentioned earlier that martial arts saved a members life half a dozen times,  to defend themselves from a mass bashing. Now I have no martial arts skills,  nor have I ever had the need,  or been in the situation to defend myself from a mass bashing.. What's right with this picture.?

Contempt breeds Contempt.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: One punch can kill...time to ban ufc
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 06:20:09 PM »
Growing up in the late eighties I lived in Kings Cross in Sydney. Every night was like a drunken rock concert with thousands of people lined up n down the streets with plenty to do n see. Bikers, tattoo shops, live sex shows in those days n ten pubs n ten night clubs, it was so unique. It was a very rough place. It didn't have to be a Friday or Saturday night for the strip to be a circus. A very fun but dangerous place at the time.

Sydney members will know what I am talking about here.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2014, 06:20:37 PM »
Stay on target!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2014, 06:51:12 PM »
Ban the UFC - what an absolute F**KING joke.
I am sick , so SICK of people blaming things like UFC for whats happening in society- FFS open your damn eyes.

The 'issue' started 30+ years ago when the tree hugging, no cane at school, everyone gets a trophy brigade were ALLOWED to become powerful and have heavy influence on our society that has , over the decades , led to a lack of respect from some of the dickheads in the current generation for parents, teachers, coppers and authority in general.

ADD to that the heavy mix of crazy 'substances' now available AND the fact that youth of today , like it or not, are getting more bulked up and stronger in general be it through natural methods , roids or other gear .........add in the fact that parents have been told to tell little Johnny for the last 30 years how GOOD he is at everything ( because you cant be negative - EVER apparently, by telling him that he aint really that good at something, so therefore he feels he is GREAT all the time ) and we end up with little Johnny in 2013/2014 that thinks he is the king shit of the block, is stronger than ever before, has NO RESPECT for ANYONE or ANYTHING, has NO FEAR of ANYONE or ANYTHING,  thinks he NEVER does ANYTHING WRONG , has never been disciplined and goes out on the town sinks some grog, does other stuff and THERE you have the troublemaker - already pre-made over the last 30 years, just fire him up and send him out on the town and WHAMMO - one instant f*ckwit potentially.

Now times THAT scenario by society today and you potentially have thousands of these lunatics - we are lucky that only a few react as they do and most likely they already START as a low intelligence human being BEFORE the tree huggers programming kicked in anyway

It has NOTHING to do with the highly skilled martial artists and fighters in the UFC.
I have a ( nearly ) 16YO son, he aint big and I already think about how he will be in a few years when out and about - but not ONCE have / or will consider the UFC is THE cause of todays idiotic youth that do these coward hits.

We watch the UFC and bellator MMA in our home - happily !
Grow up.

Give cops back FULL power, close pubs earlier and THATS a start ( as was proven in newcastle in 2012 on a trial ) - but it will never happens as the $$ the Governement gets from the extra sales is too much to sway it - so get ready to see all the news stories of the local State Governments APPEARING concerned - its all smoke and mirrors.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:53:20 PM by Wotto »
DW Drums rule !

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2014, 06:55:35 PM »
Ban the UFC - what an absolute F**KING joke.
I am sick , so SICK of people blaming things like UFC for whats happening in society- FFS open your damn eyes.

The 'issue' started 30+ years ago when the tree hugging, no cane at school, everyone gets a trophy brigade were ALLOWED to become powerful and have heavy influence on our society that has , over the decades , led to a lack of respect from some of the dickheads in the current generation for parents, teachers, coppers and authority in general.

ADD to that the heavy mix of crazy 'substances' now available AND the fact that youth of today , like it or not, are getting more bulked up and stronger in general be it through natural methods , roids or other gear .........add in the fact that parents have been told to tell little Johnny for the last 30 years how GOOD he is at everything ( because you cant be negative - EVER apparently, by telling him that he aint really that good at something, so therefore he feels he is GREAT all the time ) and we end up with little Johnny in 2013/2014 that thinks he is the king shit of the block, is stronger than ever before, has NO RESPECT for ANYONE or ANYTHING, has NO FEAR of ANYONE or ANYTHING,  thinks he NEVER does ANYTHING WRONG , has never been disciplined and goes out on the town sinks some grog, does other stuff and THERE you have the troublemaker - already pre-made over the last 30 years, just fire him up and send him out on the town and WHAMMO - one instant f*ckwit potentially.

Now times THAT scenario by society today and you potentially have thousands of these lunatics - we are lucky that only a few react as they do and most likely they already START as a low intelligence human being BEFORE the tree huggers programming kicked in anyway

It has NOTHING to do with the highly skilled martial artists and fighters in the UFC.
I have a ( nearly ) 16YO son, he aint big and I already think about how he will be in a few years when out and about - but not ONCE have / or will consider the UFC is THE cause of todays idiotic youth that do these coward hits.

We watch the UFC and bellator MMA in our home - happily !
Grow up.

Give cops back FULL power, close pubs earlier and THATS a start ( as was proven in newcastle in 2012 on a trial ) - but it will never happens as the $$ the Governement gets from the extra sales is too much to sway it - so get ready to see all the news stories of the local State Governments APPEARING concerned - its all smoke and mirrors.

Very well said, and how true! :(

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2014, 07:13:14 PM »
Excuse for being a old fart but what does UFC stand for ?  !@#
pinballaustralia.com

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2014, 07:16:15 PM »
Ultimate Fighting Championship - in the 'cage' or Octagon.

A mix of boxing, wrestling and mixed martial arts ( hence it also being referred to as MMA fighting)
It is bloody and brutal - it is NOT the reason why some tool killed a kid with one punch however.

DW Drums rule !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2014, 07:19:22 PM »
Excuse for being a old fart but what does UFC stand for ?  !@#

LOL- I had to Google it

Offline Sgtmax

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2014, 07:20:41 PM »
Nice Wotto good write up

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2014, 11:31:18 PM »
Society emulates what it sees and what it is told is acceptable.
No wonder our society is shite.
It is thuggery pure and simple.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2014, 11:42:40 PM »
My father in law was a bare knuckle fighter from age 14 to early 20's.. he was told to find his own way in life and joined a travelling circus. You don't get to do that without getting killed unless you have plenty of fighting experience and people who want to kick the shit out of someone.

... Been around since year dot and will continue to do so.
I do however find it alarming that the TV is chock a block full of violence from USA programs yet the same country wont show a womans nipple.....bloody bizarre

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2014, 11:45:05 PM »
Ultimate Fighting Championship - in the 'cage' or Octagon.

A mix of boxing, wrestling and mixed martial arts ( hence it also being referred to as MMA fighting)
It is bloody and brutal - it is NOT the reason why some tool killed a kid with one punch however.

BUT it is PART of the PROBLEM!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2014, 11:59:53 PM »
Stay on Target!

Offline Blktgr74

• Forum Posts:
Re: Re: One punch can kill...time to ban ufc
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2014, 12:00:32 AM »
This topic is like saying" v8 super car racing contributes to the road toll. Only one thing for sure tools will always be tools nothing will ever stop that.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Re: One punch can kill...time to ban ufc
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2014, 12:03:29 AM »
This topic is like saying" v8 super car racing contributes to the road toll. Only one thing for sure tools will always be tools nothing will ever stop that.

Don't get me started on v8 racing.
 #@#