Author Topic: Aussie Dollar Discussion  (Read 8561 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Aussie Dollar Discussion
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 11:33:28 PM »
Sorry, I have not been watching this thread
But why is a pinball about economics so popular?
sorry mate, don't know if there was a site glitch or f@#king tablet tech issues, but I thought I read a comment by freiherr somewhere and made a simple comment. Now it looks like I started a new thread.......hmmm don't know how or why

I just thought the comment was a little alarming but may have misinterpreted that the dollar will hit 70 cents this month and thought no way
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 11:52:10 PM »
sorry mate, don't know if there was a site glitch or f@#king tablet tech issues, but I thought I read a comment by freiherr somewhere and made a simple comment. Now it looks like I started a new thread.......hmmm don't know how or why

I just thought the comment was a little alarming but may have misinterpreted that the dollar will hit 70 cents this month and thought no way

Not this month.......I said this year.
Wait and see what happens after this week's budget and then again after September election.
A former prime minister once said we were a banana republic. Let us wait and see.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 12:38:59 AM »

Not this month.......I said this year.
Wait and see what happens after this week's budget and then again after September election.
A former prime minister once said we were a banana republic. Let us wait and see.
will do thanks, I thought I misinterpreted. Looks like my tablet is playing up as my replies are back where I thought they'd be

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 10:00:50 AM »
The topic was split to avoid the diversions from the OP. The Aussie Dollar has nothing to do with the Metallica Pinball.

Discussion about the Aussie Dollar is a worthwhile discussion in context of it's own thread  ^^^

This thread would be buried in the Metallica thread and the useful contributions would not be able to be referenced. I think it is a good idea to post the value of the dollar and note the price drops / hikes at each Stern / JPP release.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 10:37:57 AM »
The topic was split to avoid the diversions from the OP. The Aussie Dollar has nothing to do with the Metallica Pinball.

Discussion about the Aussie Dollar is a worthwhile discussion in context of it's own thread  ^^^

This thread would be buried in the Metallica thread and the useful contributions would not be able to be referenced. I think it is a good idea to post the value of the dollar and note the price drops / hikes at each Stern / JPP release.

Good point as the dollar value not only affects NIB buys but also spare parts and overseas used pinball buys. You never know, one day a low A $ may even encourage some local pinball production and/or assembly.

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 12:18:27 AM »
cant see the dollar dive like that, chances are like gws football club winning afl grand final this year. if you can predict that big a dip why work, play the money market less taxing on the body

6c dive in 7 days, would you like the football tips also?

P.S. I do play the money market at night and enjoy playing pinball during the day. I stand by my prediction which I posted 12 months ago on another thread. My biggest headache right now is predicting the NIB price for Star Trek.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 07:40:31 PM »
Happy to bet on gws, but what is the time frame for the drop to 50c? Had to lay off some people last week and would like to avoid doing this if things are going to change this dramatically.

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 11:47:35 AM »
Happy to bet on gws, but what is the time frame for the drop to 50c? Had to lay off some people last week and would like to avoid doing this if things are going to change this dramatically.

I said 67c, but more likely 75c over next 12 months.

In regards to lay offs, the horse has already bolted. Many companies have laid off workers over the past 2 years, Telstra this week, Ford over next 2 years, to name a couple.

http://mobile.news.com.au/business/ford-australia-to-shut-broadmeadows-car-factory-geelong-engine-plant/story-e6frfm1i-1226648895882

Combine the falling dollar with a dependance on imports and we will really be up the creek without a paddle.

My tip is to keep the old pinnies alive and in good nick, they will hold their value if NIB numbers drop over the next few years.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 09:41:49 PM »
It is a real shame, to have a huge employer like fords closing down. The past Australian government have killed manufacturing in Australia, with things like free trade agreements where we get the raw end of the stick.  If you want to drive a European car you should have to pay a premium for it, it should not be cheaper than an Aussie produced car.  I'm happy to pay a little more for that huge tv I don't really need if it keeps me, you, and in the future my kids, in full time employment.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 09:01:10 AM »

I said 67c, but more likely 75c over next 12 months.

In regards to lay offs, the horse has already bolted. Many companies have laid off workers over the past 2 years, Telstra this week, Ford over next 2 years, to name a couple.

http://mobile.news.com.au/business/ford-australia-to-shut-broadmeadows-car-factory-geelong-engine-plant/story-e6frfm1i-1226648895882

Combine the falling dollar with a dependance on imports and we will really be up the creek without a paddle.

My tip is to keep the old pinnies alive and in good nick, they will hold their value if NIB numbers drop over the next few years.
thanks mate

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2013, 06:06:19 PM »
Some more analysts have come out with predictions close to what I posted 12 months ago.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/business/markets/analysts-warn-dollar-could-sink-to-80-us-cents-within-three-months/story-e6frg916-1226659429583

I doubt that NIBs will be on my shopping list for a while the way things are headed.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2013, 11:44:27 PM »
Looks like it

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2013, 08:53:36 AM »
Further updates point to a gloomy dollar.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/business/markets/credit-suisse-slashes-dollar-call-to-us75c/story-e6frg916-1226674525413

The graph has not even reached the Qld border, wait till it gets to Vic !

Keep your V8s well tuned and maintained, make online buys from overseas sooner than later and look for a job with a manufacturer of exports (if you can still find one).

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2013, 09:29:52 AM »
And buy your new in box pinball machines now....they've just had a price rise!

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2013, 09:34:30 AM »
And I'm going for a job with a importer  ^&^ I think I might put a bet on a horse with three legs next  @.@