Author Topic: Aussie Dollar Discussion  (Read 8559 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Aussie Dollar Discussion
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2013, 09:36:42 AM »
Gone of the days when NIB games priced at $5,950?
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2013, 10:06:45 AM »
Looks like it!

Has anyone tracked the pricing of new in box Stern machines over the past 10 years? Just wondering how much say...a Simpsons Pinball Party cost when it was first released vs. what a machine costs now.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2013, 01:12:03 PM »
Looks like it!

Has anyone tracked the pricing of new in box Stern machines over the past 10 years? Just wondering how much say...a Simpsons Pinball Party cost when it was first released vs. what a machine costs now.

Great point - because back then in early 2000's the dollar was very low I think , just like the predictions are saying it is heading towards in this thread.
Would be a worthy comparison ?
Anyone know?
DW Drums rule !

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2013, 01:37:33 PM »
Doesn't matter what the dollar does, the retail pins WILL NOT DROP, but they will always go up.

At that point, any unsold (new) stock such as AC/DC or WOZ etc will be considered 'rare' or 'collectable' so retailers can justify adding yet another $2k ontop of their pins.....

In fact, you can be sure that pins ALREADY IN STOCK IN OZ will increase when the dollar fluctuates as the retailers will always claim "the dollar is different now, so it costs us more to bring them in".

These lies & cheating the public is no different to car sales or petrol sales........funny how petrol sitting in a tank at your local servo seems to go up 30c overnight when the global petrol rises......it shouldn't, it should ONLY change price when the next tanker comes in !!!!!!!!!!!

We're all being screwed, pinball is no different !!!

Amen.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2013, 02:04:23 PM »

In fact, you can be sure that pins ALREADY IN STOCK IN OZ will increase when the dollar fluctuates as the retailers will always claim "the dollar is different now, so it costs us more to bring them in".

Retailers need to replace the stock, so there is some justification in raising the price of stock games. Similarly, when there is an actual price drop on the wholesale price, they are generally forced to reduce the price on an item previously bought at a higher price originally in order to reflect the new pricing.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2013, 07:50:41 PM »
I here the dollar will drop to 50c, approx the same as a phone call to tell someone who cares!  %.%  %.%
Got to remember pinball is a luxury item, not a necessity and to those who can afford, the $AUD and/or import price is irrelevant. 
We are still very sheltered from the REAL global economy and should be very lucky about where we live and our lifestyle.
My 2 cents worth, which is now worth a little less due to fall in $AUD  %$%
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2013, 09:07:30 PM »
I here the dollar will drop to 50c, approx the same as a phone call to tell someone who cares!  %.%  %.%
Got to remember pinball is a luxury item, not a necessity and to those who can afford, the $AUD and/or import price is irrelevant. 
We are still very sheltered from the REAL global economy and should be very lucky about where we live and our lifestyle.
My 2 cents worth, which is now worth a little less due to fall in $AUD  %$%

Unfortunately we are not insulated from energy prices and when they keep going up everything else will follow.
Imports have also risen sharply thanks to the number of cheap overseas products sourced by our dynamic duo supermarket companies. The local manufacturers and growers have been screwed out of existence. High pinball prices will be the least of our problems.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2015, 09:13:35 AM »
And the new NIB Pros will be priced like the old NIB LEs.

And the US dollar, colloquially known as the greenback will become known as the brownarse at 75c and the redbelly at 50c.

And all existing DMDs will be worth their weight in gold.

Would anyone like to predict where the Aus $ will stop?
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2015, 09:50:05 AM »
It's at is lowest against the USA $ , than its been in five and a half years according to the Tele a few hours ago.

It will never go under 73 to 75 cents ever. It's at 82 or 85 now.

Stern Pro shld stay at $7100 Aussie for next 12 months.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2015, 01:30:04 PM »
It will never go under 73 to 75 cents ever. It's at 82 or 85 now.

having worked in finance for the last 15 years, this is a BIG call, given global conditions.
Does anyone else remember the 65c level and below (48c in march 2001)?
I sure do!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2015, 01:45:59 PM »
I can't see it that low til the next USA President is sworn in. The markets always rally on the new Pres.
Over a few years we shld be able to stay above 73 to 75 no issues.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 01:48:06 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2015, 02:51:34 PM »
Agreed - low 70's is my tip for the coming months.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2016, 01:04:21 AM »
I like the idea of re producing this AMAZING title. Fantastic game. I'm not a purist, so the artwork is not really a big problem for me, although I appreciate it might not be everyone's cup of tea. The price is a real issue for us Aussies. I hope AMD can sort this out with Stern USA, as the price for a machine that has not had any real development requirement is too high.

I'm also a little pissed that there is a lot of attention on code updates for TWD and Wrestlemania, yet my KISS LE is screaming for a code update.

I really hope Stern continue with these VE games - I love the idea and would seriously consider Ironman - but not at that price.

Maybe the bubble will burst and games will become cheaper and sell more numbers  @@*

Keeping it all positive - I think the idea is brilliant.

Thanks Nino for putting my post on the original proper thread instead of the one I started today.
I searched everywhere for it using keywords but I just couldn't get it to show up.
As usual Swinksy is always on the ball like you guys finding new stuff to make this site great.

As for pricing, the Aussie dollar is at a very lousy 69 USA cents today.
I was doing some share trading on line & dumped some stock & luckily got all my money back plus a small profit.
But the Aussie dollar is lousy unless u are dealing with China who is smart enough to heavily discount prices to stimulate growth.

The USA dollar confuses me.

Why is the world economy based around a massively bankrupt USA that is trillions in debt and it can't even pay its interest on it liabilities !

It's time the world based the dollar on China first, then the Euro German $, then the USA about 50 down the list.

I understand Stern is now having its future majority of parts quoted & sourced from China.
Hope Mike picks up massive contracts & Stern sends machines from Asia for our market and some others.
It makes sense.
A Pro at 8 grand is fine. But 10.5 is too much because of the shit dollar.
AMD has its hands tied.

The honeymoon lasted for 5 years, now it's gone to shit.
The American dollar deserves to be back where it was when our dollar was $1.10 plus.
What have the yanks done to deserve such a high USA dollar? Absolutely fark all IMHOpinion.

Anyway, glad Stern is at least doing great Vault editions.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 01:06:03 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2016, 10:23:06 PM »
I like the idea of re producing this AMAZING title. Fantastic game. I'm not a purist, so the artwork is not really a big problem for me, although I appreciate it might not be everyone's cup of tea. The price is a real issue for us Aussies. I hope AMD can sort this out with Stern USA, as the price for a machine that has not had any real development requirement is too high.

I'm also a little pissed that there is a lot of attention on code updates for TWD and Wrestlemania, yet my KISS LE is screaming for a code update.

I really hope Stern continue with these VE games - I love the idea and would seriously consider Ironman - but not at that price.

Maybe the bubble will burst and games will become cheaper and sell more numbers  @@*

Keeping it all positive - I think the idea is brilliant.

Thanks Nino for putting my post on the original proper thread instead of the one I started today.
I searched everywhere for it using keywords but I just couldn't get it to show up.
As usual Swinksy is always on the ball like you guys finding new stuff to make this site great.

As for pricing, the Aussie dollar is at a very lousy 69 USA cents today.
I was doing some share trading on line & dumped some stock & luckily got all my money back plus a small profit.
But the Aussie dollar is lousy unless u are dealing with China who is smart enough to heavily discount prices to stimulate growth.

The USA dollar confuses me.

Why is the world economy based around a massively bankrupt USA that is trillions in debt and it can't even pay its interest on it liabilities !

It's time the world based the dollar on China first, then the Euro German $, then the USA about 50 down the list.

I understand Stern is now having its future majority of parts quoted & sourced from China.
Hope Mike picks up massive contracts & Stern sends machines from Asia for our market and some others.
It makes sense.
A Pro at 8 grand is fine. But 10.5 is too much because of the shit dollar.
AMD has its hands tied.

The honeymoon lasted for 5 years, now it's gone to shit.
The American dollar deserves to be back where it was when our dollar was $1.10 plus.
What have the yanks done to deserve such a high USA dollar? Absolutely fark all IMHOpinion.

Anyway, glad Stern is at least doing great Vault editions.

I'm no expert, but if we base our dollar on the Chinese market, we would be completely stuffed. They have the second largest economy, and the most volatile at the moment. Growth has stopped. They are not buying Iron Ore from Australia. So we will be in trouble as mining is one of our largest exports. Deal with China now, and you are taking a massive risk, as well as a loss. There's a massive article on www.news.com.au today. It is not good reading.

US dollar will always be king. They are the biggest fish in the pond.

I really wish Stern USA would review the prices to help out AMD, so AMD can drop their prices. At the moment, this needs to be addressed. Not confined to Stern, who is silly enough to spend $16,000 on a MM remake ? Plenty of people - because it is MM..

Something has to give - and this discussion should be moved to the "price watch" thread. Stern cannot command the LE prices any longer.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2016, 03:42:53 AM »
Well said Gav, that's your best Stern post ever.
I am going to frame that one.

Nino, even the Chineese dollar would give us a lousy 69 cents like the yanks.
But that's another topic as u mention.