Author Topic: Aussie Dollar Discussion  (Read 8548 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Aussie Dollar Discussion
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2016, 01:12:37 PM »
I really wish Stern USA would review the prices to help out AMD, so AMD can drop their prices. At the moment, this needs to be addressed.

Something has to give - and this discussion should be moved to the "price watch" thread. Stern cannot command the LE prices any longer.

Actually they shouldn't have to. AMD's wholesale buy price for machines from Stern is low enough that they already have enough price elasticity to absorb any recent currency fluctuations without gouging their consumer base. The fact that they choose not to, but instead peddle the tired old cliche of our falling Aussie dollar and the fact that the customer base laps it up as a valid excuse speaks for itself.

Anyway why would Stern want to kill their golden goose? The Aussie new Stern pinball market is one of the most overpriced markets on the planet in terms of the ratio of retail to wholesale price per unit sale.

PS: The Chinese (no double e) use the yuan as their form of currency, not the dollar and represents only 11% of the global currency reserves (which when you subtract mainland China from the equation is confined almost exclusively to currency trade within HK) once it comes into effect as one of the recognised basket of currency reserves, versus the US which accounts for 66% and is used as a recognised form of currency across multiple countries. Perhaps further reading might help our resident Milton Friedman to better understand the intricacies of our international currency market? Start with the Bretton Woods conference and the formation of the IMF and work your way to the present day.  #@#
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:28:05 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2016, 08:18:33 PM »
No person in Australia except Bruce from AMD knows the actual purchase price and costs of machines so anyone wild guess statements are pure fantasy & shouldn't be speculated on as factual.

Show me a invoice for Stern USA to AMD Aust or u have to stop stating fiction as fact.

Every company deserves a profit and saying their profits are huge without factual proof is just not professional or moral in anyone books I firmly believe.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2016, 09:07:22 PM »
I'll state whatever I want, but thanks for the pointless concern.  !!@

AMD are making a packet on every NIB Stern they sell and still have plenty of leeway to adjust pricing and make a healthy profit per machine. They don't need to adjust pricing though, because the gullible lapdog fanboys keep falling over themselves to claim every machine release as the best Stern ever made.  #@#

In the meantime I'll take the opinion of someone who doesn't know the correct Chinese currency (or how to spell the word Chinese) but has no qualms about offering up their "professional opinion" about international currency markets with the appropriate level of credibility.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:21:09 PM by pinsanity »

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2016, 11:13:44 PM »
Just a quick one and sorry for the ignorance but I thought the Chinese dealt in usd. I know the Taiwanese companies deal in this unless the usd crumbles then I remember they traded aud for awhile. This was many years ago though. 
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2016, 11:36:15 PM »
Just a quick one and sorry for the ignorance but I thought the Chinese dealt in usd. I know the Taiwanese companies deal in this unless the usd crumbles then I remember they traded aud for awhile. This was many years ago though.  

As per my earlier post, the US dollar is an almost universally accepted currency and whilst on the street level it would be an acceptable form of payment (along with the Euro) at major hotels, banks, large scale businesses et al which cater for the tourist trade it is a different story when talking about global currency markets. The IMF has recently in the last few months begun the process to accept the Chinese Yuan into what is colloquially known in trade terms as their basket of currencies but the estimates are that as a percentage of the total basket it would only sit at around 10-12% due to its limited universal appeal.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:40:10 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2016, 12:14:11 AM »
Oh no, the preaching has started by the 80 year old.
Hillarious insanity.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2016, 12:49:27 PM »
A simple solution would be for you to just retreat back into your own solipsistic fantasy (the ignore button does work you know) and you won't have to get so stirred up about anything I say in my posts including the posts I make that have no direct effect on you whatsoever.

The rub is that you can't do that since your fragile ego and low self esteem just won't permit you to consider the possibility your viewpoint could ever be erroneous.

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2016, 10:31:30 AM »
Stern and AMD will always continue to jack up the prices regardless.
They are in the business of making money, that's it.
Same old shit for a different day.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2016, 02:52:38 PM »
They have both had a false monopoly for far too long.