Author Topic: Who has built a mame pinball cabinet ????  (Read 34499 times)

Offline dealers choice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
Re: Who has built a mame pinball cabinet ????
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 10:02:01 PM »
Lol studly. im sure we can BUILD it for under 2 grand. Sale price is another thing all together.
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 10:04:59 PM »
Here's a quick demo of MM running on my test cab.

This cabinet has 2 ledwiz boards - Rom Controlled GI, flashers, a shaker motor and two gear motors to simulate ramps lifting, bookcases opening etc.
The backglass animation and lighting is rom controlled as well.  Most of the switches on the playfield also provide force feedback along with the solenoids or flippers, pops and slings.

Along with a friend in Canada, we're currently looking at launching a virtual pinball specific base for electronics here locally in the next couple of months.

It will include all the stuff to get this running including some alternatives to Ledwiz boards and some cool stuff that hasn't been released yet including Artnet DMX
controller boards for animated led strips etc and some good force feedback alternatives to the current super expensive contactors.  As I said, feel free to quiz me on anything related to this stuff.

Dozer.

That canadian wouldnt happen to be Steve (Zeb) would it ;)
I'm about 70% done with my build, will be writing a build log when complete...i think a few people are going to be impressed at this build...

Dozer i might pick your brain a bit down the road if thats ok, more with the feedback config.

Also, not possible to build for under $2k....not even close!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:06:37 PM by Sinbad79 »

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 10:29:37 PM »
Sorry Sinbad not talking about a full blown virtual pin cab.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 10:33:59 PM »
Lol studly. im sure we can BUILD it for under 2 grand.

Yes. From fellow pinheads across the ditch.

Visual Pinball Cabinet with 54 tables, budget build

Scratch built with budget in mind. Total build cost under $800NZD.
2.2ghz Intel Dual core
Dell 330 mainboard
Nvidia GT630 Video Card
Philips 43inch 1080P LCD play field
Viewsonic 26inch 1080p back box screen
Philips 17inch DMD
Logitech LS21 sub, speakers and aux volume/bass controls
OBSF-30 Sanwa buttons
Original Williams cabinet legs
Glass top and custom made lock down bar
Saitek USB game pad to Button hack
No coin Mech

300 frames per second on tables like T2, Whitewater and Circus Voltaire.

A good cabinet to prove you dont need to buy the best hardware and spend huge money to play these at high frame rates.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:37:23 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Dozer316

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 10:34:49 PM »
This is a core I7 running at 4ghz with an Nvidia GTX680.  Before the emulator was recently ported to directx9 you needed a tonne of power to run this emulation but that has changed slightly recently although I haven't tested it on lower end hardware.

This cabinet has 2 ledwiz boards - Rom Controlled GI, flashers, a shaker motor and two gear motors to simulate ramps lifting, bookcases opening etc.
The backglass animation and lighting is rom controlled as well.  Most of the switches on the playfield also provide force feedback along with the solenoids or flippers, pops and slings.

Along with a friend in Canada, we're currently looking at launching a virtual pinball specific base for electronics here locally in the next couple of months.

It will include all the stuff to get this running including some alternatives to Ledwiz boards and some cool stuff that hasn't been released yet including Artnet DMX
controller boards for animated led strips etc and some good force feedback alternatives to the current super expensive contactors.  As I said, feel free to quiz me on anything related to this stuff.

Dozer.

That looks fantastic.  ^^^

Ball flow looks smooth with no stutter.

What are your pc specs?

Offline Dozer316

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 10:36:18 PM »
Very nice man :)

Lol studly. im sure we can BUILD it for under 2 grand. Sale price is another thing all together.

Visual Pinball Cabinet with 54 tables, budget build

Scratch built with budget in mind. Total build cost under $800NZD.
2.2ghz Intel Dual core
Dell 330 mainboard
Nvidia GT630 Video Card
Philips 43inch 1080P LCD play field
Viewsonic 26inch 1080p back box screen
Philips 17inch DMD
Logitech LS21 sub, speakers and aux volume/bass controls
OBSF-30 Sanwa buttons
Original Williams cabinet legs
Glass top and custom made lock down bar
Saitek USB game pad to Button hack
No coin Mech

300 frames per second on tables like T2, Whitewater and Circus Voltaire.

A good cabinet to prove you dont need to buy the best hardware and spend huge money to play these at high frame rates.

Offline Dozer316

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 10:38:36 PM »
Yes mate it's Zeb :) - wonderful guy and super quality focused.  I spoke with him recently about acting as an agent so to speak on some of his kits and buffering the whole overseas thing so some of his stuff would be available locally.  I'm still researching the need to see if it's viable though.

Yes, please feel free to ask away, I've spent the last 2 years getting that cabinet to that stage so it would be nice to make some of that work worthwhile :)

The backglass animation and lighting is rom controlled as well.  Most of the switches on the playfield also provide force feedback along with the solenoids or flippers, pops and slings.

controller boards for animated led strips etc and some good force feedback alternatives to the current super expensive contactors.  As I said, feel free to quiz me on anything related to this stuff.

Dozer.

I'm about 70% done with my build, will be writing a build log when complete...i think a few people are going to be impressed at this build...

Dozer i might pick your brain a bit down the road if thats ok, more with the feedback config.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:40:20 PM by Dozer316 »

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 10:46:19 PM »
That looks awesome ^^^

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 11:00:16 PM »
the one across the ditch plays niceā€¦.. thanks for sharing vid and info
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2014, 11:03:36 PM »
That is still in proto.The guy was typing comands on his out of screen keyboard.I am still sceptical,the hardware alone adds up to over$3000 already then add marketing,profit and labour costs and your looking at retail of $5g+.I am NOT bagging this idea and concept.I personally hope this all comes to fruition as pinball space is alwayd at a premium.BEST OF LUCK GUYS.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 11:07:40 PM »
Yes mate it's Zeb :) - wonderful guy and super quality focused.  I spoke with him recently about acting as an agent so to speak on some of his kits and buffering the whole overseas thing so some of his stuff would be available locally.  I'm still researching the need to see if it's viable though.

Yes, please feel free to ask away, I've spent the last 2 years getting that cabinet to that stage so it would be nice to make some of that work worthwhile :)

Dozer.

Steve is an absolute top bloke, i bought a lot of his gear for my build, he is nothing but helpful. Can not fault him in the slightest.
And for those that think these things can be built on a budget, think again, two decent TV's alone will get you close to $2k.... don't be delusional!

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2014, 11:15:00 PM »
I hope this mob has this all under patent protection.cause by releasing theese trials he will be beaten. :D *%*

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2014, 11:22:34 PM »
I may have misuderstood you before before Studly,and if I did im sorry.  Im not having a dig at anyone.

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 11:29:10 PM »
I may have misuderstood you before before Studly,and if I did im sorry.  Im not having a dig at anyone.

no appolagee needed(wish i could spell.lol)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2014, 11:31:56 PM »
Try typing translite and then having the spell check change it to translate every time!