Author Topic: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - part 20 - ddstoys  (Read 3443 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Sunday Pinball Questionaire - part 20 - ddstoys
« on: April 11, 2009, 12:03:44 PM »

I've added Daniel's questionnaire earlier than usual because tomorrow is Easter - Just in case he spends the day chasing bunnies and does not get the time tomorrow !

BTW - Need more names to add to the list !

1. Earliest pinball memory?
2. All time favorite pin? Why?
3. Favorite pinball manufacture?
4. Favorite game in your collection? Why?
5. How long have you been collecting?
6. First game and how did you find it?
7. Do you still have it?
8. What are you currently working on?
9. Most wanted game to add to your collection?
10. Best all time bargain game added to your collection?
11. Worst ever miss – tell us about the one that got away!
12. Worst ever purchase – tell us about the game you wished you never bought
13. Describe your collection
14. Describe your gamesroom
15. Do you have other games other than pinball?
16. Where can you see the hobby in 10 years

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Re: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - part 20 - ddstoys
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 12:55:04 PM »
This should be an interesting one  *%*

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 06:17:32 PM »
And lengthy...

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 07:39:05 PM »
And lengthy...

Only if he does it at 1:30AM after 15 JWs  :lol :lol :lol

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 08:03:53 PM »
Lol thanks for that Tony  Ive got half a bottle of black label on the go at the moment so ill see how we go later

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 11:50:35 PM »
1 First pinball Memory
Well my first pinball memory i was young still in primary school i lived out in the country so no action out there but a town about an hours drive away. Still a small country town (Bannockburn) Got its first taste of the City a Pizza shop Called JJS I remember walking in this bloke with a pony tail took our order looked around the room everything was either Mirrors aor black and white silouttes of famouse celebrities and booths lined a wall but the noise from the back of the shop caught my attention. Up the back was a wall painted in Chalkboard paint with Graffiti wall plastered across the top. A coin operated Pooltable set to freeplay and another pinball but cant remember what that was then in the right hand corner stood my Holy Grail.  STRIKES AND SPARES i dont even think i got a shot as there were a heap of locals playing but just watching them was good enough.  The machine sat there for many many years (May still be there) I remember playing it each time we got a pizza. Once i hit highschool i started asking if he would sell it but always got a flat out no..

2 All time favorite pin
I have a few all time favorite and for different reasons but strikes and spares i think would be it as per above and the fact that JJ had the machines there for the locals kids not to make money on what a top bloke.

3 Favorite Pinball Manufacturer

Favorite would have to be Gottlieb just the fact that they are so well built even playing them you can feel the difference between them and other manufacturers of the same era

4 Favorite game in my collection

Favorite game is Jungle princess hands down for no other reason than it was my first and the one that really got me addicted.

5 How long have i been collecting

Well i got Jungle Princess when i was around 13ish so 14years but i was hooked but not a collector ive only in the last 4 years really started collecting.

6 First game and how did i find it

My first Machine came about at a new years eve party through friends from school i spotted it under a black tarp under a carport type shed. So i started nagging the guys dad till he finally sold it to me for $40 but he dropped it off the ute when he was delivering it so i ended up getting it for $20.  Sorry to those who have already read this but to those who havnt look here http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=1091.0

7 Do you still have it

Yes i still have it and have said from the day i got it going i will never sell it. A quick quote from Brave heart  'They may take our lives but they will never take my PINBALL'

8 What am i currently working on

Thats a very tough one to answer i always have a million things on the go at once.  My first priority is to get this Gottlib Rock piece of crap going for a friends friend. Then ill be turning my attention to my 1955 Gottlieb Marathon which is currently in a million pieces waiting for all the paying work to be gone.

9 Most wanted game to add to my collection

My most wanted game to add to my collection is STRIKES AND SPARES but funds are always a problem being an unskilled worker with a Wife a Kid and a Mortgage there is always something more important than that machine. Plus id want it to be a keeper so no point getting it just to have to sell it again.

10 Best all time bargain

Depends who you speak to but i think Jungle princess for $20 was pretty awsome but a few say that MY 1958 Riviera for $137 was a bargain  $#$ <.> @@* ^^^ #@# ()

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 12:06:39 AM »
11 Worst ever Miss

My worst ever miss would have to be a Hankin Empire strikes back was offered it for $150 only problem was the left flipper didnt work everything else was fine but Mum beeing the super tightass that she was\is wouldnt lend me the money and i think i was only 15 at the time with no job what could i do.

12 Worst game i ever bought

Worst game ever bough thats a tough one most of them start off as pieces of crap but i would have to say the world cup i bought of Mark a few months back i new it was rough but wow what a mess havnt given up on it just yet.  But still might end up on the wall or my next video lol *.*

13 Describe my collection

My collection is a mess of all sorts of interesting stuff for those who havnt seen my other post i collect anything coin operated, Petrol related and anything unusual.   Sadly i have my collection spread over two areas in my house and other machines and stuff stored at Friends and families id rather lend it out than to sell em. 

14 Describe my games room\s
Thats easy TO BLOODY SMALL

15 Do i have other games than pinball
 Yes i have other games besides pinballs I have video games, Pachinko machines, Record Jukeboxes, Digital Jukeboxes, Coin operated dartboard. the list goes on just check out this post  http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=874.0   But if the chance to snag another pinball i wouldnt have an issue booting out another video game.

16 Where do i see the hobby in 10 years

To be honest i dont really think that far ahead but sadly i think it will be a dying hobby with kids and computers i thought giving my son his very own pinball machine might get him interested but still he only plays it when i challenge him to a game.  Id love to start up an arcade with all the classic em and ss machines kind of like the Penny arcade in echuca to keep people interested.

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 08:23:34 AM »
Excellent read mate!

Really enjoy your stories and you should be very proud of what you have achieved in the hobby. You are well respected, well liked and always there to offer support the moment somebody needs it.

Daniel you are a massive credit to the hobby (big hugs  :lol)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 08:28:05 AM »
Great read Daniel,  Thanx for sharing  #*#
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 08:56:52 AM »
Well done, another good read.

Although I am not sure about the sneakiness of splitting it into two posts!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
6 First game and how did i find it

My first Machine came about at a new years eve party through friends from school i spotted it under a black tarp under a carport type shed. So i started nagging the guys dad till he finally sold it to me for $40 but he dropped it off the ute when he was delivering it so i ended up getting it for $20.  Sorry to those who have already read this but to those who havnt look here http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=1091.0

That Jungle Princess is a beauty, loved playing it the other day. Thanks for sharing your story Daniel. 
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Sorry for splitting it into two. Half a bottle of black label Jw i think i did well to type it hahah

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Sorry for splitting it into two. Half a bottle of black label Jw i think i did well to type it hahah

Don't be sorry, way to get your post count up!

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Yet another great read.. thanx for sharing.  ^^^ ^^^

though i hope you're wrong about this ending up as a dying hobby!!
we let THAT happen can we??

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
It wont be dying if i can help it.  Not for at least another 60years when i bite the dust