Author Topic: Stern Kiss Pinball  (Read 8408 times)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Stern Kiss Pinball
« on: June 08, 2014, 08:24:59 PM »
Addicted to pins.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Stern Kiss Pinball
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 08:28:19 PM »
Meh

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 08:32:36 PM »
They would probably need to sell in excess of 10,000 units to break even. It will need to be something special to get those sort of numbers these days.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 08:33:40 PM »
yeah I read this morning that there was a buzz at some pinball show that this had happened and that Jpop missed out on the license. Maybe Jpop can sell the design to stern that he had recently created.

apparently Kiss wanted to see a physical example not just sketches:
http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=12269.0
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 08:38:52 PM »
For a machine that's already been done 30 years ago, move along Stern.....stop floggin' a dead horse and try something NEW.

The pinside thread is a perfect indicator of how much it WON'T sell.....  ;-)

MM

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 08:41:36 PM »
with marketing like they did with Metallica on their own website and at concerts etc, the market place potentially is huge and introducing more people to pinball - which isn't a bad thing.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 08:53:11 PM »
It might work. I personally would like to see it happen, I dont mind the newer playboy. then again most remakes of movies aren't as good as the first. just my 2c worth.
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 09:26:55 PM »
I can't say that I am a huge ACDC or Metallica fan but I own both machines now purely because they are good games.  As long as Gomez doesn't design it I can see Kiss being a big big seller for Stern.  They are due for another big title after Star Trek and Mustang which have been relative flops compared to ACDC and Metallica.  If Stern follows the recipes of those machines it will be a success.
Addicted to pins.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 09:30:40 PM »
I can't say that I am a huge ACDC or Metallica fan but I own both machines now purely because they are good games.  As long as Gomez doesn't design it I can see Kiss being a big big seller for Stern.  They are due for another big title after Star Trek and Mustang which have been relative flops compared to ACDC and Metallica.  If Stern follows the recipes of those machines it will be a success.

Both Metallica and ACDC were huge hits for Stern.  I agree for it to be a winner it will need to have killer gameplay or it will just appeal to the die hard KISS fans only.

Not sure if S.R will be on it.  I can see the L.E version going over $12k from the factory if it happens.  STERN are due a big release soon as Mustang was a flop....Although the teasers on Facebook suggest another game before KISSRR (or what ever it will be known as)

Offline pinoffski

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong NSW
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 09:47:02 PM »
KISS could be a great seller ..

but it is all about timing that is right for this maybe they missed the boat ...

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 10:16:47 PM »
There's no proof - just another rumor. Every time Stern have requested the license, KISS has increased the ante. I can't see Stern taking a hit on this, as KISS always end up in front with merchandising.

I don't think it will ever happen. But if it does, most KISS fans I know will jump straight on it.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 10:43:48 PM »
Awesome news gee I hope it happens come on Stern make it happen oh and I'll have a Gene Simmons LE thanks, no silly huge TV screen in the Backbox but a small LCD display say the same size as the larger Sega displays.

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 11:00:04 PM »

Absolutely. I have no doubt this will be a huge seller if it happens. It will sell on name alone and will hit the ball out of the park if they give the pinheads a machine with great artwork and gameplay. Yes, there is a vocal bunch that hates everything KISS, but I'm willing to bet this will be a record breaker for Stern if they get it right.

I'm looking forward to another great Stern music title after AC/DC and Metallica.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 11:04:15 PM »
Awesome news gee I hope it happens come on Stern make it happen oh and I'll have a Gene Simmons LE thanks, no silly huge TV screen in the Backbox but a small LCD display say the same size as the larger Sega displays.

even better having a lcd screen in the back of the playfield (Jpops).

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 08:39:58 AM »
As nice as it would be, I think I would rather see money go into artwork and toys rather than a LCD display that you cant really look at when you are playing. 
Addicted to pins.