Author Topic: Stern USA - John Borgs next title due >  (Read 12490 times)

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Re: Stern USA - John Borgs next title due >
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 08:07:42 PM »
Agree BB - if I was Stern I'd get the rights re-signed ASAP. I'm a long-term ac/dc fan - RoB isn't their best album by a long stretch but it is interesting - a different feel. The title song is a cracker. "Mistress" is good too. The last track is a very new sound for the band. I'm not really a Stern fan - however I WOULD be tempted by a RoB machine. I don't give a rats if it's jjp or stern - & I'd probly buy it 2nd hand when it had already depreciated though. And if they wanted some humour they could include a drug crop & some hitmen/ bodyguards around the drummer  :lol

Ps. i don't advise any callouts by the drummer - he's impossible to understand. Mind you Brian is pretty difficult to understand as well. Angus might be able to grunt out a "u got a ciggie".
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:59:29 PM by andypinboy »
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 08:18:42 PM »
Looking forward to seeing what the new title will be, Game of Thrones could be interesting as I think it would be serious competition to The Hobbit.

Also like the potential of a Fast N Furious pin, I would want that to be with a colour DMD though as there is a lot of good footage they could use.

My favourite pin is a Borg design (Tron) and I like a lot of his other titles as well, although in my Stern line up I have a Borg, a Gomez and my next one will be a Ritchie.

I don't mind if they do more AC/DC's as my next and last pin spot I have is lined up for an AC/DC Luci.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2015, 08:22:07 PM »
Looking forward to seeing what the new title will be, Game of Thrones could be interesting as I think it would be serious competition to The Hobbit.

Also like the potential of a Fast N Furious pin, I would want that to be with a colour DMD though as there is a lot of good footage they could use.

My favourite pin is a Borg design (Tron) and I like a lot of his other titles as well, although in my Stern line up I have a Borg, a Gomez and my next one will be a Ritchie.

I don't mind if they do more AC/DC's as my next and last pin spot I have is lined up for an AC/DC Luci.

Noooooooooooo - not fast n furious - there's enough geese in turbo jap imports as it is. low brow & it would be a HUGE mistake (not their first of course, Iron Man, cough cough...)
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2015, 08:40:08 PM »

OK, I am typing this while on the phone with Strangeways - these are joint comments.

Pinsanity - bringing up a members personal life is a disgrace. You possibly won't read this as you will be on holidays for a little while to consider your actions.

Caveoftreasures - retaliating to comments and attempting to moderate threads is not appropriate, nor are you responses which are also insulting. However, given the comments that sparked them, a warning only this time. In future, report posts without retaliating.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2015, 08:52:55 PM »
oh man - we'd just got onto discussing the good stuff - one of the world's best rock bands & their album theming a new pin...

Pinnies4me yr new avatar scares me.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2015, 09:07:31 PM »
oh man - we'd just got onto discussing the good stuff - one of the world's best rock bands & their album theming a new pin...

Pinnies4me yr new avatar scares me.

Sorry andypinboy (not about the avatar, that's your problem  *)* ), we rarely have to moderate that severely, but there are limits.

Back to pinball hopefully.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2015, 09:13:40 PM »
ha - it really is quite scary - probably good for yr mod role!

yeah - so is anyone left standing? i am dead serious re Rock or Bust (or ac/dc best of) as a new pinny (Stern or jjp, don't mind). but am i too much of an ac/dc fan and i can't see that maybe it's been milked dry? what kind of toys, features could they add that differ from the existing machines?

and am i the only one not feeling the love for a fast n furious release?

what about a "Gibson" pinny? (sorry - one of my other hobbies).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:16:43 PM by andypinboy »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2015, 09:19:22 PM »

OK, I am typing this while on the phone with Strangeways - these are joint comments.

Pinsanity - bringing up a members personal life is a disgrace. You possibly won't read this as you will be on holidays for a little while to consider your actions.

Caveoftreasures - retaliating to comments and attempting to moderate threads is not appropriate, nor are you responses which are also insulting. However, given the comments that sparked them, a warning only this time. In future, report posts without retaliating.

Thankyou Moderators.
Fully understood.
I will do everything humanly possible to stay away from the few I don't get along with.
Maybe you can clean up the entire thread please for all members sakes.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2015, 09:20:16 PM »
I can't see Fast and Furious working as a theme.  One reason: Car themes don't seem to work, Mustang just showed that.

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2015, 09:31:07 PM »
Noooooooooooo - not fast n furious - there's enough geese in turbo jap imports as it is. low brow & it would be a HUGE mistake (not their first of course, Iron Man, cough cough...)

Haha, yes I am not a ricer fan myself but I enjoy the movies and they have moved away from the ricer scene in the last 3 or 4 movies anyway.

I can't see Fast and Furious working as a theme.  One reason: Car themes don't seem to work, Mustang just showed that.

I agree with this but I think on the inside I want a really good car themed pin to be made. I would also say that Mustang did not get the playfield to really help it either.

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2015, 09:36:52 PM »
My feel is that the only car theme that could carry a weak playfield is Ferarri.  But I expect it would have more success in Europe than the USA.  It's amazing to think that Ferarri has never been attempted.

...I've observed recently that most pinheads aren't into driving.  Maybe that is because pinheads are nearly all into drinking, so are used to using public transport to get to pubs!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:53:31 PM by Brunswick Brawler »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2015, 09:41:42 PM »

Maybe that is because pinheads are nearly all into drinking, so are used to using public transport to get to pubs!

:lol :lol :lol

There are only a few of us it seems that are both pinheads and petrolheads. Must admit that since rediscovering pins many years ago the car nut side of me is not as nutty as it once was.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2015, 09:42:06 PM »
Maybe Mustang did better in Europe and USA than here.

Mustang is actually a really really solid player with a excellent light show.
John Trudeau did a good job but it's following (Mustang) is really for diehard ford Fans, Whereis the Fast n Furios pin might attract a much wider audience. It's not a pin I would probably buy at all.
Sterns last 3 titles I loved, Star Trek, Mustang and Walking Dead but WWE isn't to my taste nor is the FNFurios movies but I think it's a game that will work well onsite ?

Borgys next title might be something completely differerent ?
That will stump us all.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2015, 09:45:49 PM »

...I've observed recently that most pinheads aren't into driving.

No room left in the garage for cars  %.%

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2015, 09:49:26 PM »

No room left in the garage for cars  %.%

A few weeks ago I picked up three games from Nino, and already had two in the garage (one of mine and a resto for a friend)...When I complained to my wife I didn't have enough space (four car garage!) she suggested I take the old two seater to her parents...I almost said why doesn't she just leave her car on the street, but thankfully I managed to engage brain before mouth.