Author Topic: Stern USA - John Borgs next title due >  (Read 12449 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Stern USA - John Borgs next title due >
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 05:18:45 PM »
Fast and furious would be a nice title :) by all reports GoT then KISS :) hopefully KISS with DMD size LCD..
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 05:21:39 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 10:46:30 AM »

Topic cleaned up, off topic comments transferred to their own thread.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 07:09:22 PM »
God I hope it's NOT Mad Max ....

if it's going to be based on the new Fury Road series . Mad Max is like Star Wars - there's only one original and worthy series .

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 08:15:37 PM »
People are saying the new Mad Max is going to be far better than the originals. ? Big call but the last movies are now outdated with old film and techologies. The 2015 one with a good story might be awesome....

Nothing is as good as the Ford Black 2 door Slantback Coupe. That car was awesome and the reason I bought a few Ford XC Hardtops when I got older.

If Borgy did the title I would buy it.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 08:41:58 PM »
Wow - you really love your Borgy. I'd get one if it featured the really crazy Mel Gibson - you know, some really drunk & abusive callouts. Now that's the Mad Max Stern needs to make  ^^^
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 09:46:11 PM »
Yes Borgy is a genius and a family man. I am lucky to have a lot of his titles.
He is also one of the, if not the nicest bloke in pinball today.
It's good to have someone to look up to and I think it's nice to have a lot of respect for people who are very talented and passionate about their careers. Pin designers bring a lot of fun to a lot of families worldwide.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 10:15:52 PM »
Wow - you really love your Borgy. I'd get one if it featured the really crazy Mel Gibson - you know, some really drunk & abusive callouts. Now that's the Mad Max Stern needs to make  ^^^

What callouts would you prefer, andy? The mildly crazy Mel where he just blames all his problems on the Jews, or the full blown psycho Mel where he makes bizarre online abusive rants after his marriage breaks down?

Given his ideological persuasions, would Mel be in conflict in having his likeness on a Stern pinball is the big question?  *.*
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:16:12 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 10:19:20 PM »
What would people think about ACDC 'Rock or Bust', as a theme?  Effectively a part 2 to a game what was a huge success for Stern.

(In 1980s speak: "Borg rules")

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 10:29:42 PM »
Yeah love it - Rock or Bust!! Now u r really onto something  ^^^ What did you think of the album (it's a given the title track rocked big)?? Go Borg - it's Rock or Bust. You know what, I reckon CoT should give Borg a buzz on the batphone & recommend AC/DC Rock or Bust. If that comes to fruition I'll pony up the cash for one - yes, I'd actually buy it (the one & only Stern I'd ever buy mind you). How about we petition CoT to see if he can swing it?

Pinsanity - full psycho Mel where he screams on the phone to his mistress to come over... rant rant... arrest.... rant
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 10:54:11 PM by andypinboy »
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 01:13:24 AM »
Big day on the forum for me, & taking a backseat again now - hitting the hay  ((( However, really really keen on the idea of CoT lobbying Borgy for an ac/dc ROB machine. Kind of a farewell with Malcolm out & the drummer liable to get arrested at any time. Also, CoT I'd like to thank you, with full sincerity, for acting with grace & decorum on the forum today - it's a pleasure when you are being nice & easy to get along with. Well done  ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 09:36:48 AM »
What would people think about ACDC 'Rock or Bust', as a theme?  Effectively a part 2 to a game what was a huge success for Stern.

AC/DC License ran out in December. There will be no further AC/DC re runs or VE unless the deal is renegotiated.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern USA - John Borgs next title due >
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 10:14:30 AM »
What would people think about ACDC 'Rock or Bust', as a theme?  Effectively a part 2 to a game what was a huge success for Stern.

AC/DC License ran out in December. There will be no further AC/DC re runs or VE unless the deal is renegotiated.

That's spot on Nino-maybe they may negotiate later it's just such a good seller for Stern.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2015, 11:24:49 AM »
What would people think about ACDC 'Rock or Bust', as a theme?  Effectively a part 2 to a game what was a huge success for Stern.

That's spot on Nino-maybe they may negotiate later it's just such a good seller for Stern.

If JJP was really smart....

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 07:53:27 PM »
Now now... Back to the thread:

The licence for Stern to build more Stevie Ritchie 2012 design ACDC machines has expired.  If Stern wanted to do a vault edition of that, it would require a new contract with ACDC.  There is nothing stopping Stern doing that except that I expect ACDC would request new artwork to reflect where the band is today.

I was refereeing to a completely new playfield design, under a completely new licence.

Why is this a good idea for Stern:

• The ACDC theme is likely the largest selling pinball machine in the ‘hipster erra’.  If a new ACDC theme produces 20% of sales of the 2012 licence, it would likely still be a solid production run.
  • I would guess at least 20% of pinheads who bought 2012 ACDC would by a new ACDC.
  • They already have a recent relationship with the ACDC licensee (presumably a good one).

Why is this good for ACDC:

• Any pinball is good for the licence, provide the artwork reflects what they want it to.  A pinball machine is a billboard for the licenses.  No licensee would say no to advertising that they get paid for, unless they feel it will harm their brand.
  • ACDC have years between albums, and have a new line up.  It would be in their interest to have a new ACDC machine themed on their current album Rock or Bust.

I never had interest in ACDC, until the I played the Stern pinball.  From that I thought I’d buy and listen to their latest release Rock or Bust.  I loved it.  It’s the first album of theirs that I had ever heard and I’m now a fan.  There would be more like me – why would ACDC say no.  Why would any pinball company not pursue a new licence.

Admittedly, the pinball company may not like the idea of a rock pinball machine that is specific to a single album.  But in this case you could really do another ACDC ‘greatest hits’ theme, as was done for the 2012 machine.  A RoB is an opportunity for the first time ever that a complete album was put onto a pinball machine.

I did pass on some of these thoughts to Stern a few months ago.  I didn’t get a response, and nor did I expect a response.  But with Crafty has a ‘portal’ to Stern, and if enough interest is shown here (or pinside), then perhaps we should push for it.  If there is a good vibe for a RoB, I expect Stern (or any pinball manufacture) would like to know.

…and what is an extra:  Everyone named Rob would find it interesting! [ie RockOrBust = ROB].
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:10:16 PM by Brunswick Brawler »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 08:07:19 PM »
Now now... Back to the thread:

The licence for Stern to build more Stevie Ritchie 2012 design ACDC machines has expired.  If Stern wanted to do a vault edition of that, it would require a new contract with ACDC.  There is nothing stopping Stern doing that except that I expect ACDC would request new artwork to reflect where the band is today.

I was refereeing to a completely new playfield design, under a completely new licence.

Why is this a good idea for Stern:

• The ACDC theme is likely the largest selling pinball machine in the ‘hipster erra’.  If a new ACDC theme produces 20% of sales of the 2012 licence, it would likely still be a solid production run.
    • I would guess at least 20% of pinheads who bought 2012 ACDC would by a new ACDC.
    • They already have a recent relationship with the ACDC licensee (presumably a good one).

Why is this good for ACDC:

• Any pinball is good for the licence, provide the artwork reflects what they want it to.  A pinball machine is a billboard for the licenses.  No licensee would say no to advertising that they get paid for, unless they feel it will harm their brand.
    • ACDC have years between albums, and have a new line up.  It would be in their interest to have a new ACDC machine themed on their current album Rock or Bust.

I never had interest in ACDC, until the I played the Stern pinball.  From that I thought I’d buy and listen to their latest release Rock or Bust.  I loved it.  It’s the first alum of their I had ever heard and I’m now a fan.  There would be more like me – why would ACDC say no.  Why wouldn’t any pinball company not pursue a new licence.

Admittedly, the pinball company may not like the idea of a rock pinball machine that is specific to a single album.  But in this case you could really do another ACDC ‘greatest hits’ theme, as was done for the 2012 machine.  A RoB is an opportunity for the first time ever that a complete album was put onto a pinball machine.

I did pass on some of these thoughts to Stern a few months ago.  I didn’t get a response, and nor did I expect a response.  But with Crafty has a ‘portal’ to Stern, and if enough interest is shown here (or pinside), then perhaps we should push for it.  If there is a good vibe for a RoB, I expect Stern (or any pinball manufacture) would like to know.

…and what is an extra:  Everyone named Rob would find it interesting!
[ie RockOrBust = ROB].[/list]

Great post.