Author Topic: CPR new preorder list up  (Read 7481 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
CPR new preorder list up
« on: February 25, 2016, 10:04:47 PM »
For those interested, there is a heap of new playfields up on the CPR preorder list.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: CPR new preorder list up
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 12:16:35 AM »
Thanks for the link Adam,  great to see so many titles in the pipeline!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 07:29:44 AM »
cheers for the heads up, jumped on the list for a skateball

how does it work for playfields to come via Nino, do we email register with CPR and then notify them or Nino?
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 10:02:51 AM »
CPR will continue the current pre order process - you register your interest on the playfields and they collate the requests and work out the schedule. You pay CPR when ready.

We have flagged the idea of APR selling playfields for all titles in the future. The recent releases and possible releases may be an opportunity for this to happen, but not at this stage.

What customers can do - is have the playfields sent to me. This has worked for pinheads who can't be home for delivery, or to save $ on shipping.

Hopefully Old Chicago makes the pre order list - that's the barrow I've been pushing for 2 years !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 01:35:03 PM »
I just registered on their Whirlwind list then.  Given I'm in Perth would any shipping costs saved by having it shipped to you Nino then be eaten up by the shipping to WA?

Just wondering as I don't know how much cheaper you can get shipping compared to straight delivery from CPR to me?

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 02:26:02 PM »
I just registered on their Whirlwind list then.  Given I'm in Perth would any shipping costs saved by having it shipped to you Nino then be eaten up by the shipping to WA?

Just wondering as I don't know how much cheaper you can get shipping compared to straight delivery from CPR to me?

No financial advantage to send to me directly. You could pair up with another collector and save a lot on postage.

Sending to me is good for local pickup, or if I'm restoring that title for a customer.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 05:45:59 PM »
I am surprised that they have listed so many new titles
still a few there that were announced 18 moths ago

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 06:10:03 PM »
TAF hits the inevitable production delay due to a shortage of inserts.  #@#

still a few there that were announced 18 moths ago

TOTAN I recall was 5 years from original announcement to release last year due to not having a blue lightning insert piece.

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 11:16:34 PM »
With Skateball being there, surely a RADICAL would be um RADICAL! I would be all over that in a heart beat. My play field rests are far from perfect  &&
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Quench

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 03:51:08 PM »
When batches of playfields are shipped from CPR to APR, what's a rough average of shipping cost per playfield?
I'm thinking of signing up on a preorder for a playfield and am just wondering what the total ball park landed cost might be.
Thanks.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 10:16:43 AM »
When batches of playfields are shipped from CPR to APR, what's a rough average of shipping cost per playfield?
I'm thinking of signing up on a preorder for a playfield and am just wondering what the total ball park landed cost might be.
Thanks.

Playfields are not part of our Distributorship (yet). We won't be distributing the playfields on the pre order list. You need to deal with CPR direct for playfields. If members were to organize a group buy and have them sent (2 in each box), then you will save some $ on shipping. If a customer has a game in the resto queue, then the playfield can be sent to us. If you want playfields sent to us as there's no one home during the day to accept the playfields - send them here and pick them up on Saturdays.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 04:41:07 PM »
Thanks.

Playfields are not part of our Distributorship (yet). We won't be distributing the playfields on the pre order list. You need to deal with CPR direct for playfields. If members were to organize a group buy and have them sent (2 in each box), then you will save some $ on shipping. If a customer has a game in the resto queue, then the playfield can be sent to us. If you want playfields sent to us as there's no one home during the day to accept the playfields - send them here and pick them up on Saturdays.

Presumably there would be GST implications with this method? Two in a box would definitely push it well over the $1000 GST low value threshold.

Offline Quench

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 06:45:16 PM »
Playfields are not part of our Distributorship (yet).

Ah ok, thanks. Silly me only looked at CPRs pre-order page yesterday without seeing they had shipping prices listed on their store page.

Presumably there would be GST implications with this method? Two in a box would definitely push it well over the $1000 GST low value threshold.

Yeah, good point. Although two people that have paid separately for their playfields might not get hit if they've shipped together?? Not sure..

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 07:25:34 PM »
Any GST is calculated when arrives here so the box total plus shipping, won't matter who paid. Getting hard to do these under $1k even for one with shipping now. That said, they are not always picked up. My last one was just over $1k with shipping but got through without a GST bill.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2016, 08:02:57 PM »
Any GST is calculated when arrives here so the box total plus shipping, won't matter who paid. Getting hard to do these under $1k even for one with shipping now. That said, they are not always picked up. My last one was just over $1k with shipping but got through without a GST bill.

This has been my experience also. Some get through, some don't.