Author Topic: *PURCHASE HAS TURNED TO CRAP.  (Read 8885 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
*PURCHASE HAS TURNED TO CRAP.
« on: January 14, 2010, 11:56:28 PM »
Unfortunately, at this stage, I have to advise, that my purchase of the Star Trek Voyager Arcade Item has turned to crap.

( I have included the original post below so others dont get caught by this seller).
http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=3492.0

It has been 43 days today, since i purchased this item on Ebay. A buyer has 45 days to lodge a dispute for an undelivered item/unsent item, or you never get a refund via paypal, unless u initiate a claim/dispute within the 45 day period. I was smart enough to initiate the claim/dispute today, within the time period.

I did the paypal payment 1 x week after hitting the "buy it now" button on ebay. The small delay was, that paypal would not allow me to initially pay via paypal straight away like i wanted, until they did the security deposit of the 2 cent and 5 cent security thing, into my bank account to "verify the bank account".

The payment went into the sellers account apx 3 weeks ago. I was contacted by the seller and advised all the shipping info would be forthcoming, but there would be a delay due to the xmas break etc. I was promised the full shipping info and the freight forwarders full details, at the end of last week, but it never came. I was promised all the details again, at the start of this week, it never came, but just the same, it will be a few days etc.I was promised the info again, a few days ago, again, it never came.

I contacted paypal to ask for some advice and it became very apparent, that this seller was postponing and stalling me, i believe, so that the transaction, went past the 45 day mark, leaving me without any rights or recourse to claim a refund etc.

The company i have been dealing with is in the USA. They apparently operate out of a suburb called Hesperia, california.  I find it interesting, that a well known pinball co called Socalpinballs have left them positive feedback for a recent pinball machine purchase ?

Perhaps, the seller is legit, perhaps he is going to really send me my item, that i have paid thousands of dollars for. perhaps he is just trying to screw me and never had any intention to ever send me the item. Time will tell. The seller has apx 10 days to prove to me and paypal that the item has been sent, or i get a full refund from paypal. I am also of the belief, that i can still get a full refund, unless it is delivered by a certain time. I ofcourse want the item, but it is looking like a rip-off at this stage. paypal assures me that a full refund is not an issue.

The lesson here, dont ever let a ebay transaction go past 45 days, without filing a dispute, or u are entitled to no refund.
The second lesson, is watch what happens to this transaction.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:56:43 AM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Re: BEWARE BAD SELLER. *PURCHASE HAS TURNED TO CRAP.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 01:27:37 AM »
? see what happens.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:57:53 AM by caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 01:32:04 AM »
I had a response here but deleted it! So this is my 'pretend' response
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 01:34:52 AM »
I will guess Mike, "paypus sux". "good luck getting money out of those bastards". yeh, i am thinking the same damn thing.  ^&^

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 08:35:41 AM »
You'll get your money back via Paypal if the purchase has indeed turned to crap... ive had a similar issue myself before and lodged the complaint before the 45 days.. same as you mate.. seller just kept stalling me. In the end Paypal returned my money in full and i left stinking feedback.

There are delays getting stuff into the country though due to Xmas and if coming by ship then these lot are a system to themselves.. but thats why we have agents yes?
You should have received the shipping documents though -this is proof that it has been sent... this is normally sent to the freight forwarder though.
If you STILL do not know who the FF is then your item HAS NOT BEEN SENT.
If it has ( and i seriously doubt it) then you can withdraw the dispute at any time.

But at the end of the day.. if seller has shafted you... does he really care?? All you can do is leave bad feedback, after 90 days this cannot be accessed by other buyers.. its just  a figure like 98% positive etc.
 20 small $$ orders completed OK will cancel out your BIG $$ order negative feedback.

Sorry to hear about all this though.. i know of too many stories of people getting ripped from US purchases.. happens more than you would like im afraid

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 08:49:10 AM »

I hope it all works out for you Brett. Overseas purchases have a risk associated with them, and it seems you have found a dishonest seller. Hopefully eBay / Paypal come to the party and help out !

The fact that you have not been sent the details of the Freight Forwarder would indicate that the seller has no intent of sending the item. Keep us updated !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 09:13:18 AM »
I had a response here but deleted it! So this is my 'pretend' response

Mike you showed restraint!
 #*#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 09:18:56 AM »
The seller has contacted me overnight. He makes reasons/excuses and says he is behind but will ship the item and is making all reasonable steps to send the item.
I just want action from him, not talk.

I have asked him again to provide me with proof of shipping and have asked what it will take for him to get the item to the freight forwarding/docks etc, and when he will provide me with the BOL, and the other neccessary paperwork i require.

How hard can it be to put something on a pallet and wrap it, then make a call to a freight forwarder, get some paperwork faxed over, then pay them to pick it up and take it. We will see what this guy has to say to my reply email. Friggin Frustrating. I really want this item, thats what shits me.  ^&^

Offline FirePower

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 09:45:25 AM »
Brett, I really, really  hope it works out for you, must be a major pain and so disappointing for a consumer who is honest, honourable and acts in good faith.  I hesitate over a $10 purchase over the net.

&&  && I'm probably not the only one on AP who wonders that if Paypal sort it all out for you, at least financially,  will you become a card carrying, flag waving, sing it from the roof tops supporter of the way Paypal protects consumer rights?  :lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 10:41:18 AM »
Man, what a saga. Paypal has been excellent i will say that. If paypal doesnt come thru, then my bank will. Thats a given.  ^^^

This is why dealing with Mark C is so dam easy and such a pleasure. I have never met the man, yet sent him lots of $$money for parts n pinball machines  etc, u always get ya stuff quickly, its always so easy. I wish every ebay seller was like our good mate in Melbourne. I have been spoilt. lol   ^^^

The USA seller and I just had a long long telephone conversation. Lets see what happens.  !@#

Feeling a bit more confident. But the big lesson here is that 45 day ruling ebay has. If ya dont do a claim before the 45 days, ya will never be entitled for a refund. If ya dont pay by paypal, ya will never get a dime back either. Ohh what fun it is dealing with overseas.  *.*

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 01:08:11 PM »
you have done the right thing brett
i had a simmilar situation twice but it was for about $50 to $60.
on the 45th day a put in a dispute, fortunatly i did recieve my item with out any dramas after that.
one of the items had been sent but sat in customs for 3 weeks, the other item was not sent due to the seller having to spend a lot of time in hospital with her sick son.
in both instances i withdrew the complaint and gave the sellers good feedback but mentioned it did take a long time for the items to arrive.
both sellers had %100 pos feed back

hope it works out well for you caveman, i am looking foward to playing your latest "treasure".  %$%
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 08:54:38 PM »
No good Brett!

As Mike will point out <ducks for cover> - Paypal has probably screwed this guy the instant you filed the complaint.

I imagine this guy no longer has access to his funds - he will be eager to talk now I bet.  !!@

Hope you monster toy arrives as it was supposed to!
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 09:06:46 PM »
No good Brett!

As Mike will point out <ducks for cover> - Paypal has probably screwed this guy the instant you filed the complaint.

I imagine this guy no longer has access to his funds - he will be eager to talk now I bet.  !!@

Hope you monster toy arrives as it was supposed to!

eBay/PP 'create' this bad situation with their idiotic rules that don't allow for time it can take for an internation deal to happen IE time frame to file a complaint in this instance ^&^

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 09:59:42 AM »

thanks Brett

we try to make things easy here at pinball spare parts

I too have lost a couple of items from USA  , but was a few years ago and nothing like this , for as much as I hate paypal  I am glad you can get your money back  if needed

let me know if I can help 

thanks

mark

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 10:34:56 AM »

, for as much as I hate paypal  I am glad you can get your money back  if needed

Now - I am NOT going to bang on about it but there are some PP things that simply are not understood by most users. If you read the PP user agreement there IS NO PROMISE OR GUARANTEE that you will get you money back AT ALL! It is entirely at their discretion. What they 'really' mean is that you will get it back ONLY IF PP can get it back from the seller. If he has emptied his account and cancelled the connected bank account/credit card you are STUFFED!

PP ARE NOT an insurance company - they do not promise anything - this is so mis-understood and pepertuated by LIES told by eBay and PP themselves. PP DO NOT refund money from their own account.

I truly hope you do get it back in this case but if you don't there is SFA you can do about it.

PP are NOT safe and are FAR from the best payment method. They are a con and a rip-off! Oh, did I mention they tell lies?