Author Topic: Addams Restore  (Read 6071 times)

Offline faza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Re: Addams Restore
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2011, 07:26:22 PM »
I bought a new set of targets from Marco as the old ones were cactus when i went to install them in the playfield i discovered that the round orange targets were two different shades of orange sent Marcos an email and a picture and the next morning i recieved an email apologising as well as confirmation and new tracking number of a replacement target pretty happy with the service.

Pictures below

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2011, 07:17:33 PM »
Another update added a few extra days onto the end of my holidays so i could see if i could progress the playfield swap we have had a few hot days in Sydney so thought it would be ideal to wash the wiring harness i used simple green and water and a bristled brush to clean the harness and assemblies and compressed air and 8 hours of sun to dry the Harness all in all it came up nice and clean.
I think it was KTM 450 who posted on rebluing ramp flaps off to the gun shop for supplies and i gave it a go in the afternoon over a few beers.
Although not perfect they look a hell of a lot better .

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2011, 07:19:52 PM »
Second picture shows the paste in action and the third the final result

Offline el_timbo86

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2011, 07:25:48 PM »
John,

This is looking AWESOME, i cant wait to see this machine once complete. Every aspect of the refinishing process has been addressed, i cant wait to see the finished product  ^^^

Timbo

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2011, 07:36:43 PM »
Started replacing all the playfield plastics with new ones i am not sure how i am going to rivet the various brackets lights etc to the new plastics has anyone tried using a bench drill as a press ?
Before Xmas i discovered a small lump about the size of a grain of salt in the clear coat luckily i was able to sand and polish the lump out and is no longer noticeable this took the wind out of my sails a bit as i was unsure of how to fix it . Thanks again Tim  ^^^
Until i sort out a method of rivetting the new plastics the top of the playfield has halted for the time being , I seem to have one plastic left over and have no idea where it goes any ideas guys maybe it wasnt used on all models ? Photo attached below
I am starting to think about what lighting leds etc to use looking at Mark Cs site confuses the hell out of me there is way to many to choose from any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2011, 07:45:20 PM »
Hey Faza,

The Addams is looking great.  You're doing some very nice work there.

I'll have a look on my original playfield to see if I can see the plastic...

Re the clear - unfortunately many are seconds unless you buy direct from the USA. - generally imperfections in the clear coat.  Hence why on the last two IPB playfields I have totally redone the clear.

I cannot remember what state you're in...I've got a big-arse rivet press - converted from a 1-tonne arbor press.  Unfortunately this is pretty much the main way to do rivets without damaging stuff.  The hand ones / non press type just have not cut it for me in the past.

Maybe a local member to you will have a press you can use.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2011, 09:30:27 PM »

Coming along nicely, Faza - I hope you have someone assisting you with lifting the playfield into the machine !

Marty is spot on - you need the riveting to be done with an converted arbor press. Hopefully someone has one in NSW. Makes the job easier, and less risk to plastics breakage which happens with cheap presses.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »

I checked photos of some of the Addams I've worked on, and I cannot find that plastic - But it IS part of the plastics set Marco sells. I'll have to check other pictures, but it does not "stand out" !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2011, 10:22:29 PM »

I checked photos of some of the Addams I've worked on, and I cannot find that plastic - But it IS part of the plastics set Marco sells. I'll have to check other pictures, but it does not "stand out" !

Thanks Nino i havent removed that particular plastic from the playfield so i am thinking it isnt used but why is it supplied?

Offline rads

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2011, 07:38:05 AM »

Thanks Nino i havent removed that particular plastic from the playfield so i am thinking it isnt used but why is it supplied?

I read somewhere that they had the plastics produced on the game design and that they did not all make it into production.  The NOS sets have a few plastics that didn't make final production. 

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »
Yeah Marco sometimes supplies extras, I think the TZ set had extras and I purchased one plastic listed for WCS94 and I cant work out where it ever would have gone.
The blueing comes up a treat doesn't it, well worth the effort.
Looking great mate

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2011, 08:57:45 AM »
For future reference, the *blue* loctite 242 is the appropriate loctite for flipper parts. The red stuff is incredibly hard to break loose, typically requires some serious heat.

Hopefully, you've got awhile before that happens, since everything is rebuilt fresh :)

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2011, 06:16:41 PM »

Coming along nicely, Faza - I hope you have someone assisting you with lifting the playfield into the machine !

Marty is spot on - you need the riveting to be done with an converted arbor press. Hopefully someone has one in NSW. Makes the job easier, and less risk to plastics breakage which happens with cheap presses.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys yes Nino i will be asking for help to put the playfield in i lifted it out on my own definetly wont be attempting to put it back in alone.
I have started reattaching the wiring loom starting to all come together nicely.
John the red loctite we use at work and dont seem to have any problems pulling things apart besides  the price was right but thanks for the advice and time will tell i suppose.

Cheers

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2011, 10:57:18 PM »
John,
re the LEDS and which ones to use, have a look at the cointaker site in the USA
http://www.cointaker.com/

it will give advice etc of which LED is used where and why. You can then buy from a local supplier if u want or buy from cointaker etc.
Hope it helps. Thats how i chose the right ones for some of my machines.
Otherwise, alot of members have played with them and can make some reccommendations if need be.  ^^^

Cavey
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2011, 06:41:42 PM »
Another update it took a while but the wiring loom is now installed on the new playfield  and all that is left to do is complete the topside.
During the week my rivet die set arrived from the USA as well as a Cliffy set to prevent any future wear .
My intention was to buy a 1 Tonne arbor press but stock wont be available in Sydney until the end of March so i thought i would try my drill press which surprisingly did the job well.
So all the riveting on the new plastic set has been completed i need to decide on what LEDS to install before i can finish off the topside of the playfield.
Also installed a fuse for each magnet hopefully to prevent magnet burn.