Author Topic: Addams Restore  (Read 6083 times)

Offline faza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Re: Addams Restore
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2010, 07:26:48 PM »
2 questions

1) What is your source for the backbox lamp sockets? I've had a tough time finding them!

2) Did you just screw the line cord cover over the factory power cord hole, or did you install the internal bits from a newer game, too?

John i had the same problem finally rang Mark C at pinball spare parts and he found 50 out back and listed them for me .
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/index.php?crn=244&rn=2945&action=show_detail
The line cord cover is straight over the flexible cable creating a tortuous path for the flex.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2010, 09:59:04 PM »
If you do have any trouble putting it back together, I am sure the good people of AP will be quick to help you out.

Looking good so far; it is a lot of work but I think you will be very happy at the end of it all. I admire the way you guys can just keep persevering with these projects!

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2010, 04:11:06 PM »
Thanks for the source!

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2010, 07:05:53 PM »
lookin' good
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2010, 01:40:39 PM »
Have sorted out all the parts that require replating and slowly working through what parts are required i had purchased a new clear main ramp of Greg at RTBB so swapped all the wiring switches etc what a difference between the two ramps looks great.
regrained all the metal rails etc using windex and the green scotchbrites they all came up like new will have to look at rebluing the steel flaps on a few.
All those hours of reading other peoples restorations are starting to pay off.
Have removed all the wooden side rails ready for a cleanup/paint

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2010, 02:03:44 PM »
did you find much corrosion on the metal bits & pieces under the P/F ?
just curios if it was stored in the same area over seas as my next gen.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2010, 02:26:16 PM »
did you find much corrosion on the metal bits & pieces under the P/F ?
just curios if it was stored in the same area over seas as my next gen.
No mate no corrosion bloody dirty though

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2010, 06:56:19 PM »
Just a small update parts have returned from the platers and i have started repopulating the playfield i have placed a order and am awaiting parts before i can continue much further.
The wood side rails have been repainted and the flippers have been rebuilt ready to reinstall.
Havent achieved an awful lot due to Xmas festivities and a sore liver.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:21:26 PM by faza »

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2010, 06:58:33 PM »
A few more pics

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2011, 09:19:50 PM »
Ok Xmas festivities are over and parts have arrived managed to get a fair bit done this weekend bookcase has been rebuilt as base was cracked and short and long crank arm replaced also discovered that the wrong plunger had been installed on one off the slingshot assemblies which was limiting the stroke .
Pop bumper lighting has been reinstalled soldered and stapled with new clear insulation were required ready for the coil mechs .
Flipper mechs have had threadlocker placed on the threads and have been installed on the playfield it felt good to see the flippers reinstalled .
All coils have been rewrapped makes a huge difference .
Ramp diverter plunger was replaced as a key ring had been installed as the spring had broken at some stage .
A common fault on the Addams seems to be the welding on some of the stainless fails and this one was no different, both the swamp and chair needed rewelding a ferw more tacks will ensure that it doesnt fail again.
A few pictures will show it better.

Cheers

John
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:23:56 PM by faza »

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2011, 09:26:25 PM »
A few more pics

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2011, 09:28:23 PM »
And a couple more

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2011, 11:22:46 AM »
It looks like Faza (John) will have the best Addams Family on the planet shortly.

The machine is going to be like brand new. It is looking mighty fine indeed.
Dont forget to take a video of the "first real game" (after u play a few test games to make sure all is perfect).

Addams Family pins now are just so hard to find, no-one wants to sell them anymore since the new playfields have become available.
Watch the prices rise, havent seen a restored one under $6500 for ages, and even then, if u do sell, how do u replace it ?

This beauty will be a FOREVER KEEPER by the looks of it. Great work John.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ 
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2011, 08:54:43 PM »
It looks like Faza (John) will have the best Addams Family on the planet shortly.

The machine is going to be like brand new. It is looking mighty fine indeed.
Dont forget to take a video of the "first real game" (after u play a few test games to make sure all is perfect).

Addams Family pins now are just so hard to find, no-one wants to sell them anymore since the new playfields have become available.
Watch the prices rise, havent seen a restored one under $6500 for ages, and even then, if u do sell, how do u replace it ?

This beauty will be a FOREVER KEEPER by the looks of it. Great work John.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ 

Big call Brett I think that finnys restore set the bar pretty high and mine is no where near it, but for my first restore im pretty happy with how its turned out so far.

Offline el_timbo86

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2011, 09:02:48 PM »
John,

You should be absolutely WRAPPED with the results so far!!

I have really enjoyed following this build thread, and you have provided a wealth of knowledge for hobbyists thinking about taking on a job like this.

Keep the updates coming, and look forward to the results...

Timbo