Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 30361 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #495 on: March 26, 2012, 09:10:47 PM »
I can't answer your question about software etc, but normally leds that have the ability to change colours do so via a slight controlled voltage variance, in addition it may depend also how they have been wired - in series I think sends the light colour change staggered.

I think people will be ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY when they see the LEDS on the Premium and LE models.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

I am definately going to do my Pro, but the question I have, is there additional code with the Premium/LE models that makes all the colour changing LEDS work in unison (together at the same time). IF this question can be answered by looking at the machine/contacting STERN, It might help PRO owners determine how best to tackle the LEDS on the ac/dc PRO model.  I am thinking there might be, for all 30 Leds to all change colours at the same time, and the exact same colour. ?   because, to my mind, wouldnt all the LEDs just change colours randomly if there wasnt something controlling it ? I know LEDS, but not to this extent ! 

*Dying to see the LEDS in the higher models. Should be very special. I think Petes going to have a blast, followed by 20 questions from me and a few dozen requests for videos of the new toy !  ^^^

p.s - Steve Ritchie, what a top bloke. That video/documentary of the making of AC?DC is a excellent video. I must have watched it 20 times now. It doesnt get old at all.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #496 on: March 26, 2012, 09:15:57 PM »
I think I read some where that it's in wiring ?

Anyway here's some reading from the Texas show
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/07ad941cf60188fb

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #497 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:14 PM »
I wonder if there shipped?

Peter
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:51:02 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #498 on: March 26, 2012, 10:10:31 PM »
here is another photo of the BIBLE,

Does a Star Wars Episode 1 have a blue apron - might be a good mod ????

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #499 on: March 26, 2012, 10:34:29 PM »
here is another photo of the BIBLE,

Does a Star Wars Episode 1 have a blue apron - might be a good mod ????

Yep , blue would of looked so much better IMO

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #500 on: March 26, 2012, 10:42:37 PM »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #501 on: March 26, 2012, 10:43:45 PM »
Out of the two ones turned off and the others getting repaired lol

Peter

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #502 on: March 26, 2012, 10:44:49 PM »

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #503 on: March 26, 2012, 11:27:03 PM »
looks fantastic,cant wait to  #*#play this

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #504 on: March 26, 2012, 11:39:40 PM »
Good videos.
The Premium backglass/translite looks absolutely terriffic.The red AC/DC letters stand out really well, better than in the brochure pictures, which is good.
Stern and Steve Ritchie have done an amazing job.
It makes me want to buy the Premium on top of the Pro. The lights for the lower playfield look really nice with the red glow.. I like the voice from Hell as well being Steves own voice. A nice touch. Thankyou for the video ANT(Tony)  Excellent job.

If there is/are a few software glitches, they will get fixed with the free Stern software upgrades etc.
George Gomez looked stressed during the video etc, but Steve looked pretty cool. It must be embarrassing if a machine plays up at a pinball release. What can you do. Its like the famous saying "if it has tits or a computer board, it will let u down sooner or later". No surprises with the first release of a machine using factory LEDS thru-out.

Anything not perfect will be fixed in 5 seconds with any firmware upgrades, if needed at all.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #505 on: March 26, 2012, 11:57:17 PM »
sure you could upgrade,Cavey and just get the premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #506 on: March 27, 2012, 12:06:26 AM »
I will keep the PRO, cause it plays REALLY REALLY FAST. 
IF I Find the Premium plays n looks n feels really really different, I would seriously look at one as well. BUT i am not sure it would be a big enough difference to justify the $$, but will know sooner or later when i play the Premium. The lower playfield voices n red glow, the extra playfield stuff n slightly different rrules just might make it a different feel all-together ? The music makes both machines. (take the music away, and u would have to buy both Pro and Premium for the different playfield etc)

Dont forget, I have to save the pennies for the next Stern title, IF its good/Marvel Superheroes etc etc. Wondering if it will be just as good as the acca daca pinnys, or if it will be a Gomez cost cutter pin, or a Steve Ritchie game with all the extras we all want ?  !@#

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #507 on: March 27, 2012, 09:11:22 AM »
Brett this for you mate ,taken from the JJP forum

Taking about AC/DC, I find the following to be potentially strange.
Played the PRO - super, super quick. However the Premium because it
has drops looks way slower....... At Texas Stern did not exhibit a
Pro. Hmmmm, is it just me or does the Pro play better and is that a
big mistake? No doubt that the other versions look better than the
Pro.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #508 on: March 27, 2012, 01:38:10 PM »
yeh, good point ANT(Tony)   I think they showcased the Premium and the LE so the 500 people who had ordered one were kept happy. If they had of taken a PRO along, and people started saying its faster etc, maybe rumours would have got around about the Pro being quicker ? and people may have canned the more expensive models and gone for a Pro (but I highly doubt it, and its pure speculation ofcourse).  Maybe the LE models assigned to USA dealers arent all pre-sold like in Australia. ? that makes more sense. But the fact that people have played the LE/Premium now, and have said good things tells me the models will all be sold out in the next few weeks, if not already in the USA etc.

but i think the Premium/LE models will only be 10 or 20 percent slower, marginal anyway, but the fun/challenge of knocking down the remaining drop targets will make up for it and add extra things to do with gameplay objectives. It still makes the LE etc a cracker of a game. Some times u want to work hard on a game, aiming for stuff, and other times u want to just smash the ball around.

the other side of the coin, is that some will say the drop targets are better because it does slow the game down a little, which might be a good thing since the PRO plays ridiculously fast ! I dont mind that, it keeps u on your toes, but the Pro is very very fast, maybe too fast for a novice player ? but having said that, if u can master the AC/DC Pro, u could master anything with that hand/eye co-ordination.  (maybe not a pinball for gerry-atricks) lol  

It would have been good to see a PRO there, for people to rate as well.  I havent heard anyone knocking the Pro yet really, not anyone from the USA
The best lightshow I have ever seen on any pinball is Black Knight 2000, the LE AC/DC is now in front of that. The leds on AC/DC LE/Premium look that good, I think Steve Ritchie is right by saying its the best lit pinny ever. Hard to argue that when u see those videos.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:45:50 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #509 on: March 30, 2012, 08:22:20 AM »
some photos of the BIBLE

http://www.edslastresort.com/acdc/

for pinball t-shirts