Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 29477 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #750 on: April 22, 2012, 07:13:14 PM »
Heres a video of mine using my phone so quality's not great, also mines got 4 small screw holes on top of backbox is that for a tournament topper? I never got one?

&email=comment_received&lc=zlEh3r39gw9gf5LsMWpuSoRsToyyRNl8tme7_Ccabag&lch=email&feature=email

AMAZING!!! So pumped to play AC/DC now...1 month to go....

I e-mailed the original unboxing video to my parents yesterday and when I spoke to them they were both shattered "we waited all that time and then we didn't get to see the machine turned on!!!!!" hahahahaha.

Just e-mailed them the new gameplay video. They will be relieved to see the game in action.
 ^^^

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #751 on: April 22, 2012, 07:17:51 PM »
Ha ha cheers Adam I have a video of the 1st time it was turned on i will Upload tonight and post lol it's uncut of me and Troy doing the job shit that sounds bad :)

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #752 on: April 22, 2012, 08:47:12 PM »
For the couple people who asked, I have thrown a few photos on below.

Nothing special since alot of u guys have seen a AC/DC Pro before. But I did change the custom message which is easy to do.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #753 on: April 22, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
Thanks Brett thats definately made my mind up love that backglass gives me a smile everytime i see it  ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #754 on: April 22, 2012, 08:50:50 PM »
A few more photos.  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #755 on: April 22, 2012, 08:56:58 PM »
Thanks Brett thats definately made my mind up love that backglass gives me a smile everytime i see it  ^^^

Anyone who buys the PRO should be really happy. Its a cracker of a game. Playing it with the music raging is a blast. The game is just so dam FAST !Of all the backglasses/translites etc, the PRO translite matchs the playfield best i reckon with the LTBRock a very very close second. The BIB LE glass suits that machine perfectly because of the blue ofcourse. I have to see a Premium in the flesh as well.

I also love the fact that on the PRO u can see every inch of the playfield when u are playing it. Nothing is hidden at all. The colours are just excellent. Definately the best value for money STERN of all time at $5950 and add $210 for a self fit shaker motor. Lots of FUN. Worth every cent.

IF ANYONE IS ON THE FENCE and thinking about a AC/DC machine, I say go for it. The $5950 price cant last 4 ever !
BARGAIN   BARGAIN   BARGAIN   BARGAIN   ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:05:12 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #756 on: April 22, 2012, 09:08:19 PM »
Thanks Brett thats definately made my mind up love that backglass gives me a smile everytime i see it  ^^^

Anyone who buys the PRO should be really happy. Its a cracker of a game. Playing it with the music raging is a blast. The game is just so dam FAST !
Of all the backglasses/translites etc, the PRO translite matchs the playfield best i reckon with the LTBRock a very very close second. The BIB LE glass suits that machine perfectly because of the blue ofcourse. I have to see a Premium in the flesh as well.

I also love the fact u can see every inch of the playfield when u are playing it. Nothing is hidden at all. The colours are just excellent.

Definately the best value for money STERN of all time at $5950 and add $210 for a self fit shaker motor. Lots of FUN. Worth every cent.

IF ANYONE IS ON THE FENCE and thinking about a AC/DC machine, I say go for it. The $5950 price cant last 4 ever !

BARGAIN   BARGAIN   BARGAIN   BARGAIN   ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Your right Brett it's a bargain for a top pinball the pics look great.

Peter

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #757 on: April 22, 2012, 09:20:08 PM »
Just had the bell opto switch 47 shit itself, ckecked plugs ok any idea?

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #758 on: April 22, 2012, 09:29:41 PM »
Thanks Brett for taking the time to upload your pics.
Pro looks great. Love the red dmd.
You sure you clicked the letter V on the message display - looks more U..
Also, with all the ACDC translights, are they screen printed on the glass??
Looking at you photo Brett, looks like a paper ripple effect - probably bad reflection, am I right?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:12:21 AM by Prince »
SC.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #759 on: April 22, 2012, 09:30:31 PM »
Great pics cavey. Very tempting at that price. What did AMD charge for freight ?

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #760 on: April 22, 2012, 10:08:38 PM »
Just had the bell opto switch 47 shit itself, ckecked plugs ok any idea?

Possible bad solder joint - do you know how to solder? Resolder the legs of the opto switch, otherwise ring the warranty hotline.

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #761 on: April 22, 2012, 10:14:27 PM »
Nice one Cavey

Enjoy #*# :lol

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #762 on: April 22, 2012, 10:43:05 PM »
 $.$, BIBLE #056 reporting to Aussie Pinball. All OK and heaps of fun - my 6, 9 and 14 year old daughters (as well as wife) took to the machine like ducks to water. I think we have a new generation of pinball players in the making and the AC/DC machine has given the whole pinball industry a breath of life.
My BIBLE (picked up from AMD last Friday) has gone through about 100 games and everything is faultless. There are two minor scratches (from factory) to the right of the right speaker which I will leave as is because this is the way #056 came (warts and all).
First impressions: Fast, challenging, great sound and brilliant lighting. Outer drains can catch you without the right nudges; watch the bell shot as the wrong one can drain down the guts.
Main concerns at the moment: the 3 thumpers (particularly the left one) get a massive workout and they are fast - need to watch for future wear in the upper playfield area. Ball sometimes sticks in the gap between the ramp an cannon. A fast shot for the hells bell gets a quick spinning rebound where the ball in play slams the glass. Getting a game as the kids love it so much.
April 2012 - definitely a month to remember!
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #763 on: April 22, 2012, 10:56:06 PM »
Prince,
YES, I will change the U to a V on the CAVEYS ACDC PRO custom message.lol  @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@
Also its a ripple effect in the pictures/dot matrix etc because of low light and a basic Kodak camera I have had for 4 years, but it fits in ya pocket.
The Translite is exactly that, a plastic translite and not a backglass. I reckon translites hold up better over alot of years and are easily replaceable.
I would hate to have a LE or Premium and crack the glass etc, then approach Stern for a replacement which might be a impossibility ??

Rottyguy,
Delivery from AMD in Sydney was $200 only, door to door insured from memory. Stern box comes extra wrapped in clear plastic to safeguard machine from rain and is strapped to a wooden pallet. Faultless delivery. Shaker motor was $210 and placed inside of Pro box.

Freihher,
Well done matey on a great purchase. The fact u love the machine and your family does as well is just excellent to hear. Well done and thankyou for the pictures.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:59:18 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #764 on: April 22, 2012, 11:26:57 PM »
$.$, BIBLE #056 reporting to Aussie Pinball. All OK and heaps of fun - my 6, 9 and 14 year old daughters (as well as wife) took to the machine like ducks to water. I think we have a new generation of pinball players in the making and the AC/DC machine has given the whole pinball industry a breath of life.
My BIBLE (picked up from AMD last Friday) has gone through about 100 games and everything is faultless. There are two minor scratches (from factory) to the right of the right speaker which I will leave as is because this is the way #056 came (warts and all).
First impressions: Fast, challenging, great sound and brilliant lighting. Outer drains can catch you without the right nudges; watch the bell shot as the wrong one can drain down the guts.
Main concerns at the moment: the 3 thumpers (particularly the left one) get a massive workout and they are fast - need to watch for future wear in the upper playfield area. Ball sometimes sticks in the gap between the ramp an cannon. A fast shot for the hells bell gets a quick spinning rebound where the ball in play slams the glass. Getting a game as the kids love it so much.
April 2012 - definitely a month to remember!

Cool post now where's the 2nd scratch lol

Peter