Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 29419 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #900 on: April 27, 2012, 09:36:27 PM »
I could not get the file to upload at all to the pinball machine until I converted the file with WinZip. I tried 3 times and failed uploading vis a USB stick to ACDC until the winzip program was used. It actually says that on the Stern page as well.  You must have had WinZip or a similar program already installed on your computer.  You can download the gamecode to the drive or anywhere on your computer without WinZip, but the gamecode has to be converted with Winzip or it will not upload at all.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:38:53 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #901 on: April 27, 2012, 09:56:40 PM »
once the code is downloaded to say "documents" you can copy and then paste to the USB
and on another computer I could extract file to the USB

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #902 on: April 27, 2012, 10:18:40 PM »
I didn't bother leveling my game because its only temporary in the lOunge decided to do it tonight and I've absolutely f**ked it 8 out of 10 balls go from the pop bumpers straight down the guts.  Anyone else found this I'm ready to smash it.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #903 on: April 27, 2012, 10:42:52 PM »
I didn't bother leveling my game because its only temporary in the lOunge decided to do it tonight and I've absolutely f**ked it 8 out of 10 balls go from the pop bumpers straight down the guts.  Anyone else found this I'm ready to smash it.

Set it up the same you would a woodrail mate... you dont use a level for final setting. You set to level and then you tweak the legs till you get the best possible game from it.
Level doesnt mean best game.. just means level

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #904 on: April 27, 2012, 10:44:18 PM »
I didn't bother leveling my game because its only temporary in the lOunge decided to do it tonight and I've absolutely f**ked it 8 out of 10 balls go from the pop bumpers straight down the guts.  Anyone else found this I'm ready to smash it.

I just whacked my legs on straight out of box and it's perfect I've never had a ball get caught all good and bubble is between black lines I'll leave it alone and also never had a ball go straight down the guts from the bell or bumpers
I love the ramp combo shots and the lower playfield Brett

Peter
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:46:00 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #905 on: April 27, 2012, 10:51:53 PM »
once the code is downloaded to say "documents" you can copy and then paste to the USB
and on another computer I could extract file to the USB

REPLAY
I think I understand what u are saying ? Are you saying you successfully changed the gamecode version 1.25 to 1.4 without converting the file with Winzip. Did u actually place the USB stick into the pinball machine and change the gamecode and follow all the instructions on the dot matrix and hit the service buttons as requested etc ? OR are u saying you just downloaded the file to your computer only. The only reason I am checking is so others dont get confused with the Stern procedure.

I can download the program very easily onto my desktop or onto a drive. I then dowmloaded to the USB stick and then placed into the Pinball machine. It would NOT work. So I went back, downloaded the Winzip file, then converted the file with Winzip then redownloaded to the USB, then it worked and downloaded into the machine.

The first 3 times I downloaded to the USB easily, but it wouldnt work in the game. I then rang AMD and they asked had i converted the file with the winzip program. Once i did that, the USB stick would then download into the machine properly.
Without converting the file with Winzip, it would just say something like "File not found" on the ACDC dotmatrix.

PETE
I changed my back legs and wound them down aprox half way and the bubble sits perfectly. My machine is on tiles, so different floors do different things ofcourse. Glad u are loving your game Pete.

DANIEL
Make sure u have the little factory wire piece bent correctly to its proper position up the top on the exit area of the pop bumpers. Also, it sounds like your machine is leaning to the left and is low on the left side Daniel. Wind down rear left leg and front left leg a little. It shld fix it.

Its all FUN. You willl have to get together (Pete and daniel) and have a game of doubles and kick each others arse.lol  %.% %.% ^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:57:50 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #906 on: April 27, 2012, 10:55:17 PM »
Just to clarify some possible confusion - does the Stern CPU require the actual file to be unpacked from Winzip to enable the ROM update?

Brett- From reading your text I am guessing you just copied the downloaded Winzip file straight to USB?

Depending on your operating system on your PC, some can read Winzip straight from the OS - ie Vista and Windows 7.  If you run XP, then you'll need to install Winzip to be able to open and extract files from the archive.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #907 on: April 27, 2012, 11:04:05 PM »
quote from Marty
Just to clarify some possible confusion - does the Stern CPU require the actual file to be unpacked from Winzip to enable the ROM update?

yes. I am running latest windows (just bought this computer 1 x week ago and it came loaded with software, but did not have winzip.

AMD told me to download the new gamecode file from the Stern site. Winzip not needed for that. But once downloaded to my computer, they told me to open winzip and convert file to a zipped or unzipped, whatever the term is etc, then, and only then will the USB stick be registered/seen by the ACDC game etc. I am not technical with computers but without the winzip conversion, it will not work in the pinball machine. does that make sense Marty. I think u know what i mean.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:06:13 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #908 on: April 27, 2012, 11:08:34 PM »
IF you're running Windows 7 (which a new computer should be) then the O/S will recognize Winzip files without having to install the program Winzip.  Just a matter of double clicking on file then the O/S will open the Winzip file and you can copy the file straight out.

For those running XP, yes you'll need to install Winzip.  Win 7 or Vista, you're all good.

I think the mistake Brett was you copied the Zip file straight to the USB and the Stern CPU cannot recognize the file.  Double clicking the file on your computer then copying to the USB should fix it.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #909 on: April 27, 2012, 11:12:42 PM »
I actually copied file to my desktop first. Once it was copied to my desktop i then clicked n dragged to the USB. (But it would not work in pinball machine and it said file not found on dotmatrix)

Then I downloaded winzip to my computer, dragged file into winzip n followed instructions, then dragged unzipped file to USB. It only worked then.

Computers, a pain in the ass.lol
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:16:35 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #910 on: April 27, 2012, 11:17:08 PM »
Has anyone put any mods on their new AC/DC pin yet ???

which model? or any?....

Any model

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #911 on: April 27, 2012, 11:38:55 PM »
Played the pro again in the city today...man I just can't get into this game..just doesn't have IT.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #912 on: April 27, 2012, 11:50:18 PM »
Machine has been levelled 100%
Problem of ball getting stuck at cannon cannot be rectified
I worked out why the ball gets stuck and basically STERN needs an update kit like Transformers required

The ball hits the left metal wall of the cannon and basically stops it from going straight into the cannon instead resting in the gap
I added thick pinballlife mylar to the base extending out of the cannon and to the left wall extending out but no cigar

This is a Stern f**kup and must be reported to Stern for a fix

All they had to do was allow another 3mm to the left wall to let ball roll in ! WTF are they doing!~

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #913 on: April 27, 2012, 11:56:07 PM »
Played the pro again in the city today...man I just can't get into this game..just doesn't have IT.

Fair enough. You can't like them all.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #914 on: April 28, 2012, 11:22:08 AM »

Fair enough. You can't like them all.

I would like to try the premium or le to compare with the pro but the chances of finding one in the wild up here is pretty remote.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"