Author Topic: The Pinball Arcade  (Read 91711 times)

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Re: The Pinball Arcade
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2014, 09:55:29 PM »
is there a option to turn the screen around for those that want to make cabinet on the PS4.

Also who out there can explain what Steam is in relation to a new format????
[/quote]
Not sure about turning the screen around, there is a forum for PINBALL ARCADE FANS, that may help
Steam from what I can gather is another IOS-Independent Operating System , I think that is what it stands for.
But PS4 so far is absolutely incredible with the physics and lighting. It is just awesome to play machines you may not have or see again.
or
can't afford some of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ridiculous some f the prices people want.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Shaneus

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2014, 02:47:05 PM »
Been a while since this thread was updated! Just popping in to announce that the next table (avail. around mid-April) will be High Speed!

So very, very happy about that. Wouldn't mind if it increases the value of mine, either ;)

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2014, 10:49:16 AM »
You are right Shaneus, it has been a while since updated.
I believe everyone knows about, has played, gets newsletters direct, joined their Fuxkbook page or seen their website by now. It has been extremely popular amongst us pinheads and general gamers.
I am glad you posted about this latest news as I didn't know that release just yet.  ^^^

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2014, 06:43:41 PM »
I may be wrong and please let me know if i am, but is there a reason the price has almost doubled in this season?

I have switched from an iphone to android and i got 22 tables for $40, 18 for $44 and now season 3 seems to be $44 for 10!?!

Again i may be wrong but not seeing the value here yet, if they were licenced i could understand but based on what they have released so far this season......

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2014, 07:16:18 PM »
the owner has recently purchased a Ferrari and a Mercedes benz and has to pay for the 4 x Ex-wives an the monthly child support payments, hence the price increase.lol  !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2014, 09:41:32 PM »
I may be wrong and please let me know if i am, but is there a reason the price has almost doubled in this season?

I have switched from an iphone to android and i got 22 tables for $40, 18 for $44 and now season 3 seems to be $44 for 10!?!

Again i may be wrong but not seeing the value here yet, if they were licenced i could understand but based on what they have released so far this season......
They are licensed! you could always put $2 in a real machine for one game and that would cost you a fortune too, let alone finding one to play as we have collected them all  *%*
still pretty cheap if you ask me.

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2014, 10:12:15 PM »
They are licensed! you could always put $2 in a real machine for one game and that would cost you a fortune too, let alone finding one to play as we have collected them all  *%*
still pretty cheap if you ask me.

Good point, upon reflection my post did make me sound like a tightarse!  :lol

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2014, 11:16:04 PM »
Nah dude, all good  ^^^

Offline Zedman

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2014, 08:45:52 PM »
Steam originally was an on line gaming platform pc based. You buy and download your games and play on line with a large community. They then ported to Unix and now offer special controllers and customisable PC's. It's really a serious players option that is not Microsoft or Sony. Hope that helps. Z

Offline joele

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2014, 08:57:32 PM »
Anyone else tried zen pinball in 3d on the ps4, WOW what a difference, I hope they do the same for pinball arcade as since playing in 3d I can't play this one anymore LOL
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2014, 09:22:23 PM »
Yeah, but it really does my head in and I find Zen pinball games way too long. In saying that they are very unique and have some awesome ideas which could be implemented into the read deal.

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2014, 10:30:16 PM »
Hi Guys
We have just about finished a 3 monitor Superpin  It has 6 games on it all from vp forums  and where putting hyperpin on it as a menu - game selector

This project has taken aprox 8 mths  and Mr Pinboligist has been  building it  for me  .I got to sand the old cab :lol

Malcom who is in computor It,  has saved the day on  the software side of things, as it  is  was way  over my head     and Mitch has been working with Mal

I know   I can use the Pinball arcade games as they look to be good quality     and what are my other alternatives???

I thought I would ask you guys that know about V pin   and    If you dont ask you will not know *.*

Im looking fwd to playing this machine and will post some pics   we have just been waiting to have it working properly first           Howzat         

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2014, 11:15:13 PM »
Pro Pinball will be launching timeshock re-rendered and looks sweet and will be designed to suit the virtual pins, and they are making it for all platforms so that would be one to look out for.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2014, 11:19:22 PM »
Pro Pinball will be launching timeshock re-rendered and looks sweet and will be designed to suit the virtual pins, and they are making it for all platforms so that would be one to look out for.
I thought that was canned? Glad it isn't, as I never played it.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2014, 11:22:48 PM »
no it's still going and looking great - you would swear it was a real pin, should be awesome

https://www.pro-pinball.com/forum/index.php
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts