Author Topic: The Pinball Arcade  (Read 91693 times)

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Re: The Pinball Arcade
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 04:05:49 PM »
You are a lucky bugger to play it .
STILL !! waiting on PS3 release and then I will be a happy camper
From all accounts though it is friggin awesome as I have played on a few devices no and likey very much
keep virtual flippin dude  #*#
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 05:03:29 PM »
Next tables to be announced for release are CV and FH , who wouldn't want those in their collection for real ?

I've requested for my CV to have the Green neon & Yellow menagerie ball. LOL.

I've changed me mind now - wanting the Red menagerie ball instead.
SC.

Offline Pinballesquire

• Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast NSW
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »
This app is great! I am one of those people who have sparked an interest in pinball as a result of this app having never really been exposed to them before.

Love MM it's my favourite, still haven't been able to beat king of Payne... Wish this table wasn't so expensive in the flesh. Bride of Pinbot is excellent as well, love the concept & sound effects, much easier too. Can't wait for more tables, I hear they are possibly getting TZ License but that it may be too expensive, hope they do, wasn't around when twilight zone was airing but Futurama do a hilarious satire of it all the time. Great theme!

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 11:20:20 PM »
 #*#
Awesome , MM is a bit pricey you are right , but you can pick up a fairly cheap unrated title and have heaps of fun and frustration too !
Just be careful though as they breed and are more addictive than cocaine !!!
good to hear this app has brought you to want the real deal and  %)%

Offline Pinballesquire

• Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast NSW
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 11:38:39 PM »
Thanks! My budget will stretch to a MM, but I'm thinking I'd have more fun with 2-3 cheaper titles so they may have already begun breeding before I've even started!

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2012, 10:40:40 PM »
CV and FH are now available for download.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2012, 09:27:52 PM »
CV and FH are now available for download.

Are they available for iPad? I can't see any up dates.  !@#

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2012, 09:59:23 PM »
Within sometime this week for Ios upgrades.
SC.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2012, 10:02:54 PM »
Within sometime this week for Ios upgrades.

Thanks, looking forward to both these games.

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2012, 11:33:13 AM »
CV is available.
Got my red cricket ball, though not happy with a red neon. ^.^
SC.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2012, 08:12:31 PM »
CV is available.
Got my red cricket ball, though not happy with a red neon. ^.^

Tri colour custom option.

Vader blood red.
Skywalker green
Kenobi ice blue.
and a Dennis Lillee cricket ball.  &&

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2012, 10:17:48 PM »
I tell ya....don't know what the go is with CV.
Somehow and i don't know how i got there, but managed to reach Join The Circus. Spealt the word but lost the ball at the next stage - called the attendant and the ball came from behind the ramp and sdtm.

Next game, plunger shoots 2 balls in play.....that's not the norm isn't?

What else?
Ball stuck and caught whilst Ringmaster was up.

Can't wait to read the tutorials though.

As for MM, the upgrade has turned a nice looking grey castle into one infected with a green/moss looking virus!

SC.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2012, 11:45:06 AM »
http://youtu.be/LruHUjxaXG8

want to see TZ on this platform ?
want to see what goes into this recreation of classic tables ?
want to see why this is becoming one of the most popular apps ?
click on the link then

As someone said it is pinball in my pocket

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2012, 10:40:26 PM »

Tables Available Now, Coming Soon And Announced For Available Platforms And Devices

Android,iOS,Kindle Fire,Mac,PS3 [North America],PS Vita [North America]Xbox 360
NOW
Black Hole
Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Theatre of Magic
Medieval Madness
The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot
Cirqus Voltaire
Funhouse
 #*#
releasing this year
Attack from Mars
Big Shot
Black Knight
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Dr. Dude
Firepower
Gorgar
Monster Bash
No Good Gofers
Pin•Bot
Space Shuttle
Taxi
Whirlwind
 ^^^
Latest And Upcoming Platform And Device Updates

Android Latest Version : 1.0.7 (05/24/12) SD card / External storage enabled for tables (Starting the game once will automatically move all pre-downloaded tables at boot up). also, start up time has been improved, fixed some issues that were causing some devices to experience stability/performance problems and fixed a bug on Cirqus Voltaire that caused an extra ball to eject.

Next Android Update Details : TBA

iOS Latest Version : 1.1.1 (05/17/12) Added Cirqus Voltaire (Table of the Month and features unlimited FREE play (with ad support) until the next DLC Tables Pack is released) and Funhouse. Also features updated DMD, option to toggle multiball camera on/off, fixes for troll bombs and super skill shot on Medieval Madness, new plunger cams, a fourth gameplay camera, various bug fixes and added the ball diverter graphic on Ripley's Believe It or Not!. NOTE : Make sure your device is updated to the latest version of iOS.

Next iOS Update Details: The next iOS update will feature a fix for the bug on Black Hole that doesn't allow the camera to zoom out from the lower playfield. The next iOS update should be available by the end of next week.

Kindle Fire Latest Version : 1.0.1 (05/18/12) Initial release.

Next Kindle Fire Update Details : The next Kindle Fire update will feature a proper Table of the Month with unlimited FREE play (with ad support) until the next DLC Tables Pack is released plus a button for the troll bombs on Medieval Madness.

Mac Latest Version : 1.0.1 (04/16/12) Features improved keyboard controls, some audio bug fixes and an option to lock to 30fps. NOTE : This version is not advised for MacBook users.

Next Mac Update Details : The next Mac update will feature Medieval Madness, The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot, Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse along with better performance and fixes for other known issues. The next Mac update should be available in early June. NOTE : The improved lighting engine is taking longer than expected, but will be added in the near future.

Platform And Device Release Dates And Pre-Release Information

According to FarSight, all releases should be simultaneous across all regions unless otherwise indicated

Android : Released on 02/10/12 AVAILABLE NOW!

iOS : Released on 02/09/12 AVAILABLE NOW!

Kindle Fire : Released on 05/18/12 AVAILABLE NOW!

Mac : Released on 03/29/12 AVAILABLE NOW!

Nintendo 3DS : FarSight has a plan to get the performance they need out of the 3DS to run the ROM emulation, however some research and development is needed before they know for sure whether it will work. The 3DS version is on hold until FarSight can invest the time and resources into research and development.

NOOK Tablet : The Pinball Arcade currently runs great on the latest NOOK Tablet and FarSight has plans for a future release.

PC : FarSight is still working on the engine for the PC version and will not release it until the graphics are at least up to the standards set by the 360 and PS3 versions. FarSight also needs to find distribution partners (traditional desktop and/or cabinet) that may still include Valve. Everyone can help by contacting Valve HERE and putting "Bring The Pinball Arcade To Steam" in the subject box.

PS3 : Released on 04/10/12 (NA) AVAILABLE NOW! (North America) The PS3 version is currently in the submission process and will be available in Europe (along with the PS Vita version as a single purchase) once it's approved by SCEE. Sony will announce the official release date when it becomes available.

PS Vita : Released on 04/10/12 (NA) AVAILABLE NOW! (North America)
The PS Vita version is currently in the submission process and will be available in Europe (along with the PS3 version as a single purchase) once it's approved by SCEE. Sony will announce the official release date when it becomes available. Also, FarSight is planning to improve the lighting on the PS Vita in the near future.

Wii U : FarSight hopes to release a Wii U version as close to the launch of the platform as possible.

Windows Phone 8 : FarSight is not looking to release a Windows Phone 7 version, however, they plan to release TPA on Windows Phone 8 later this year.

Xbox 360 : Released on 04/04/12 AVAILABLE NOW!

Features, Additions And Improvements Coming In The Near Future

Backglass Animation : FarSight has recently finished the backglass tech for Cirqus Voltaire and hope to carry it over to the rest of the tables in the near future.

Ball Drop Sound : The ball drop sound issue has been fixed and will be implemented on all platforms and devices with the DLC Tables Pack #1 update.

Ball Skins : FarSight stated that they will definitely offer ball skins in the future.

Device Controller Support : FarSight may look into controller support for Android and other devices in the future.

Dot Matrix Display (DMD) : All Dot Matrix Displays on current tables will be updated to the more realistic DMD with the DLC Tables Pack #2 update. FarSight is also looking into adding options to change the filter, size, position and possibly the brightness of the DMD in the future.

Game Center : Game Center will be included in the DLC Tables Pack #3 iOS update and should be available in June.

HDR Lighting : Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 currently support HDR lighting and FarSight is looking to fully update the lighting on the Xbox 360 to match that of the PS3 which should be included with the DLC Tables Pack #3 update in mid July.

iCloud Support : FarSight is currently working on adding iCloud support.

Mechanical Sounds : FarSight will be overhauling the mechanical sounds and adding more bass. The improved mechanical sounds will be added to the June updates.

Multi-Ball Camera : The option to toggle the multiball camera on/off will be implemented on all platforms and devices with the DLC Tables Pack #2 update.

Online Multiplayer : FarSight plans to add online multiplayer in an update soon.

Pinball Cabinet Support : FarSight stated that they definitely plan to implement pinball cabinet support in the future.

Pinball Hall of Fame Table Re-Releases : FarSight plans on releasing all, except one or two, of the tables featured on both Pinball Hall of Fame Collections with updated graphics, physics and "true" ROM emulation (where applicable). All tables will be rebuilt from the ground up and feature the new, more sophisticated, physics framework and won't be direct ports from the PHOF Collections.

Plunger Camera : Two new plunger camera angles will be added (for a total of three) to all tables on all platforms and devices with the DLC Tables Pack #2 update.

Posting Offline High Scores To The Online Leaderboards : FarSight is looking to add the ability to post offline high scores to the online leaderboards the next time you go online in the near future.

PS3 Demo : The next update for the PS3 will feature a Demo. The Demo was mistakenly left out of the initial release.

Saving Table Preferences : FarSight has built table preferences into the save file, so table preferences (camera type, camera angle, etc.) should be saved with all future updates.

Tournaments : FarSight is currently discussing the idea of tournaments with Microsoft and hope to get them implemented on Xbox LIVE by the time 10 tables are available. FarSight also has plans to implement tournaments on other platforms and devices in the near future.

Voice-Over Tutorials : FarSight is looking at implementing some software compression that may allow them to add voice-over to the tutorials in the future.

thats a bit of light reading for you !

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2012, 10:55:55 PM »
how much is it for xbox360??