Author Topic: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)  (Read 23094 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Stern - Avengers Pinball (late 2012)
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2012, 11:38:59 PM »
I'll watch it this weekend. I bought a triple pack, 3D, 2D and digital copy.

Like Swinks said..crank the sound right up!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2012, 07:43:20 PM »
I finally got around to watching the Avengers. Watched it in 3D with surround sound. Good action packed movie from start to finish.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2012, 08:41:28 AM »
Stern posted a picture on Facebook with a mixture of cryptic things in it. But if you zoom up between the can and the box what do you see - DC comics and Superman and then if you look up Brawndo on youtube you get a Incredible Hulk reference.

guys on Pinside are speculating that it is a reference to 2013 Superman Steve Ritchis pin but I think it could be Avengers or even more interesting Marvel v's DC

What do you reckon?

utoplay=1&rel=0
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2012, 12:04:35 PM »
That was all very weird Swinksy.  :D    %.% %.%

John Borgs new title wont be coming til Aprilish 2013.

Has Steve Ritchie had enough time since AC/DC to design and produce another title so quickly, and if so, would it be a smart marketing move to try n sell a Avengers Pinny so close to the recent release of X Men ?

That leaves Mr Gomez only, who I thought was the only person available to put out a new title before the end of 2012. I thought he was doing the Avengers machine, not SR. ?  Mr Gomez is also doing the big presentation with gary at the pinball expo ? maybe a partial machine/title press release ?

Man, I wish we all got more Stern teaser info more often with more content. Its like being a kid in a lollie shop and u are so close, yet so far.lol  %.%
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2012, 01:13:27 PM »
Who knows, I have given up on Stern and their cryptic messages. Just tell us what the next bloody title is already!

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2012, 07:28:38 PM »
I never bother with them... pile of BS... you either have a title coming or you dont... all the speculation, what ifs etc are just a waste of anyones time

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2012, 07:05:46 PM »
here is another Pingames Journal video from last night at Stern with just Gomez and Jim and Area 52.

Area 52 is basically a guarded area of Gomez's next game, whitewoods and mention of Blue, Green and Red ones - sounds like Avengers.

&feature=plcp

supported by a photo a guy took on a recent tour
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 07:16:56 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2012, 10:53:36 PM »
well done Swinksy, good find ! you should become a detective, you find all the good stuff.

john borg said to me his next title was going to blow people away, and he reckons it was going to be as good, if not better than x men (and x men is bloody good) so this Avengers should be terrific.  I cant wait to see the 3 versions, pro, Le x 2.

*** Also for Pete(Gorgar) did u see your TRON going to Australia in the video, very cool.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:56:57 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2012, 12:40:39 AM »
john borg said to me his next title was going to blow people away, and he reckons it was going to be as good, if not better than x men (and x men is bloody good) so this Avengers should be terrific.  I cant wait to see the 3 versions, pro, Le x 2.

But did he mean 'his' next machine or 'Sterns' next machine?

Also i would not be surprised if its a pro and 3 LE's (unless the red is pro due to Iron Man being done already, ah who knows  ^&^)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2012, 01:12:19 AM »

But did he mean 'his' next machine or 'Sterns' next machine?

Also i would not be surprised if its a pro and 3 LE's (unless the red is pro due to Iron Man being done already, ah who knows  ^&^)

he (john Borg)meant his next machine, which I thought would be Avengers, but he did say it was due for release in apx April, so maybe George Gomez is doing Avengers. I think thats right. John Borgs next machine will probably be something else. I keep forgetting John only just finished
X men, so it has to be Mr Gomez for Avengers.  @.@ My misprint on writing JB in the post higher, it shld have been GG which I have said before. @.@
too many painkillers today and the brain isnt working as usual.lol  %.%
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 01:15:24 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2012, 11:10:45 AM »
I don't think we will be seeing  Avengers this year but I could be wrong.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2012, 05:03:54 PM »
here is another Pingames Journal video from last night at Stern with just Gomez and Jim and Area 52.

Area 52 is basically a guarded area of Gomez's next game, whitewoods and mention of Blue, Green and Red ones - sounds like Avengers.

&feature=plcp

supported by a photo a guy took on a recent tour

Peel = Emma Peel from the '60s TV series The Avengers

Looks more like Stern having a bit of fun/deliberate deception to me.

EDIT: And since whoever wrote it in black texta on the side of the box doesn't know how to spell "PEELL" (sic) correctly, it looks more like a line worker having a bit of fun.

Or perhaps it is the same person who did the spell checking on Spiderman, "You ooze, you loose". ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 05:24:39 PM by pinsanity »

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2012, 05:09:36 PM »
I never bother with them... pile of BS... you either have a title coming or you dont... all the speculation, what ifs etc are just a waste of anyones time

It is unfortunately the marketing strategy they have adopted. Since most of their titles have little longevity after release, the hype for each one has to be built up to a crescendo in the months preceding release leading to fever pitch in the days before release.

That way you can convince the masses to shell out 6000-8000+ on a title that noone has seen in person or played besides a few select US dealers (who will automatically claim it is a "winna").
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 05:11:45 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2012, 06:44:54 PM »
Sterns marketing works well when u have a very limited market worldwide of people who follow pinball.
The buy now or miss out marketing hype really only applies to LE buyers who dont want to miss out. But I would never buy a BNIB machine from anyone ever until I have played it.
I only ordered a AC/DC Pro and a X Men Pro after playing them. The answer is to try before you buy.

Look at the marketing of movies these days. Marketed hard for 4 weeks before release. Marketed for a month after release, and then the movie finishs at the theatres usually within 4 to 6 weeks maximum. Marketing stops 100 %.  People lose interest very quickly on anything these days and impulse buys probably account for the majority of any luxury item sales.

Q - How early is too early for a Stern release to start advertising a brand new title ? ............  !@# !@# !@# good question/hard to answer unless you are Gary Stern who would have a proven ? formula by now ? will have to look at Sterns past media dates to get a answer...

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2012, 09:11:02 PM »
From Pinside

Avengers is next, little is known about specific LE details.
But it's supposed to be a different layout than the usual Gomez fan style. Dec/Jan

The Area 52 video suggests:
Red -Thor
Blue -Captain
Green -Hulk

Either this is the last DMD or the introduction to the new bus system and small LCD. Time will tell.