Author Topic: OK... so i got to play ACDC LE  (Read 8675 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
OK... so i got to play ACDC LE
« on: September 10, 2012, 10:18:19 PM »
Yep... had one at Newcastle on Tournament play. It was bloody popular to say the least and so while the public were not present i had 2 games on this.
This was the ONLY machine that was not on free play... $2 a game for tournament... well its got to be worth $4 of my money yes?

First impressions..

This is a looker! Really is.. watching others play i like all the features on this, even the dancing band.

Sound..

Awesome... bloosy great sound and even though i dont own one ACDC record doesnt mean i dont like them... just means i buy other stuff instead..LOL

Game Play..

What game play?  I didnt get one.. its a bloody fast drain monster with no real time to aim a shot. I did 6 balls and scored 7 mil tops... sorry guys, but i just could not get into it.

I tried.. i honestly did and i really wanted to like it as it is a stunning package, but the game just didnt happen for me.
In comparison, i later played Lord Of The Rings and REALLY liked this one... nice long shots that you can aim for.. slower game but better balanced i thought... doesnt look as good as ACDC though.
Dont shoot me... but i did promise to post after playing this game.
Its not for me im afraid

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: OK... so i got to play ACDC LE
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:37:01 PM »
Good feedback Gav,

The LE artwork looks the goods, however I've never played one so can't comment on the lower playfield. AC DC is a fast flowing game, and a drain monster! This combo makes AC DC a good sited pub pin.

LOTR is a Stern classic, slower play but very deep rule set.

Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 11:02:48 PM »
I do want to play the LE after not liking the Pro, but even the pro looked great, so i could imagine the LE would look even better.
if i get a chance to play the LE ill try and look at it as different game as every one says it plays allot better than the pro and is more exciting.
Interesting review on the LE i really hope i get a chance to play an LE.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 12:52:49 AM »
One thing people need to remember, is that the top playfield on the AC/DC LE and the AC/DC PRO have all identical shots. Thats right, identical shots. The only difference is the fact that you have drop targets versus fixed targets, a swinging bell versus a stationary bell, and the cross over ramp on the LE, but all top playfield SHOTS are the same ! Basically, if u like one, u will like the other and if u dislike one, u will dislike the other shot wise. They play the same, except the bottom playfield. The music is the same, the dot matrix is 99 percent the same, its just that the LE has the eye candy etc.

These AC/DC games are lightning fast, and unless u learn to nudge the game, you wont have long ball times. Nudge the game EVERYTIME you play it, and its a different machine. I am not a nudger, but to really enjoy AC/DC and to get the most out of it, nudge the bastard like crazy and its a much longer and better satisfying game. Hope it helps.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 03:14:58 AM »
Yep... had one at Newcastle on Tournament play. It was bloody popular to say the least and so while the public were not present i had 2 games on this.
This was the ONLY machine that was not on free play... $2 a game for tournament... well its got to be worth $4 of my money yes?

First impressions..

This is a looker! Really is.. watching others play i like all the features on this, even the dancing band.

Sound..

Awesome... bloosy great sound and even though i dont own one ACDC record doesnt mean i dont like them... just means i buy other stuff instead..LOL

Game Play..

What game play?  I didnt get one.. its a bloody fast drain monster with no real time to aim a shot. I did 6 balls and scored 7 mil tops... sorry guys, but i just could not get into it.

I tried.. i honestly did and i really wanted to like it as it is a stunning package, but the game just didnt happen for me.
In comparison, i later played Lord Of The Rings and REALLY liked this one... nice long shots that you can aim for.. slower game but better balanced i thought... doesnt look as good as ACDC though.
Its not for me im afraid

That's cool not all games are for everybody but you gave us a balanced view which is good to hear not a jump in and bag the crap out of it lol, Brett's right it needs to be nudged and after playing 2000 games on mine I still get 7 million scores but my games are for free so it's not as bad :-)

Peter

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 07:38:49 AM »
Oh noes, you did not like AC/DC
The fan bois will be upset

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 08:37:04 AM »
Oh noes, you did not like AC/DC
The fan bois will be upset

:lol
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »
I played one a while ago. Although there are some things I don't like, it was still a cool game to play. I would not buy one, but I still enjoyed playing it !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 04:49:56 PM »
thats a fair review after two games

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 05:16:02 PM »
thats a fair review after two games

It sure is.
 ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 05:47:40 PM »
I put an hour on a Pro today down at Timezone. Really annoys me that a new game was set up poorly (not level, and one leg too short so rocked - pun accepted!). That said, they must have disabled the tilt because I could just about turn it on it's side!!

I do like that you can pay $20.00 for unlimited games at Timezone for an hour - no-one else around so I got to really try it out.

There's a lot to like about this game - the flow in particular, like a later B/W game like AFM, so that was a real plus.

I did not like that little "pin" near the bell lane, seemed to stop the ball too often (not helped by the lean), or the way cannon shots were highly likely to outlane. A ball save on the left outlane would have been a good addition IMO to offset the high loss - on the topic of outlanes, I found it hard to try and save balls as the view is blocked by the ramp on the right and the lamp on the left, at least the way I stand when playing.

My highest score was 44,307,000 and got me on the leaderboard, but there were a few above that.

Overall good game, well done Stern.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinmadd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »
AC/DC + BEER =   $#$

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 06:07:20 PM »

First impressions..

Sound..

Game Play..

What game play?  I didnt get one.. its a bloody fast drain monster with no real time to aim a shot. I did 6 balls and scored 7 mil tops... sorry guys, but i just could not get into it.

Its not for me im afraid

That's cool not all games are for everybody but you gave us a balanced view which is good to hear not a jump in and bag the crap out of it lol, Brett's right it needs to be nudged and after playing 2000 games on mine I still get 7 million scores but my games are for free so it's not as bad :-)

Peter

i guess this is aimed at my comments on this game. to say my review was completely negative, is completely false,
I said virtually said the same thing as this review. I said what i liked and what i didnt like.
I guess the only word he didnt mention was that he thought it was "boring". almost every positive thing retropin said about this game was what i said. so how you say my comments are completely negative is beyond me.
Im not saying retropin validates my opinion, as its just an opinion.
 what i am saying if you are wrong by saying my comments were completely negative as you have on more than one occasion now
 if you dont like a pin i like or own, well thats completely fine with me.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:12:58 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 06:12:17 PM »
Probably aimed at both of us Jason but I could care less, just enjoy the games you like and don't take it to heart when someone doesn't like a game you adore.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 06:21:59 PM »
 :D :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:44:58 PM by Olivia_jason »