Author Topic: Star Trek - Stern 2013  (Read 12118 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Star Trek - Stern 2013
« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2014, 11:48:28 AM »
Excellent. Steve is always a great entertainer. Has fun whilst designing n playing pins, and gets paid to do it. Best job in the world.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #256 on: February 12, 2014, 06:26:47 PM »
Virtual pinball version underway.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #257 on: February 12, 2014, 07:09:47 PM »
Virtual pinball version underway.

that is pretty cool, just wish it was in a format that anyone could download and play….
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #258 on: February 12, 2014, 09:07:58 PM »
I will be having a game or two on this title in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to playing it.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #259 on: February 20, 2014, 01:17:31 PM »
Small code update today :-)

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2014, 01:17:40 AM »
Ok, I've been shutting myself off from the Star Trek hype machine as I don't really care much for the Star Trek theme and want 1000 other titles already. Today I made my long suffering girlfriend divert half an hour out of our way to play pinball at Knox Timezone while we're in Melbourne. As always I went there to play a specific machine and it's not there. Lord of the Rings was gone, but was lucky enough to play Batman the Dark Knight.

In the place of Lord of the Rings was a Star Trek Pro. Despite not being able to hear myself think, I was REALLY impressed with the whole package. I'd be happy to have the Pro in my collection. Great looking cabinet and translite, LEDs looked awesome and had heaps of fun playing it. Loved the ramps and a variety of shots. I went there with the purpose of cementing the fact that I wanted a Batman machine in my collection, but walked away feeling a bit uninspired with the usual sited machine having trouble sending the ball up a specific ramp. Star Trek really blew me away in comparison. Lucky to get to play a new machine before fatigue sets in on site.

From initial photos, I found the playfield graphics a bit bland. In person I think it fit in with the Star Trek universe and the LEDs made it more exciting. It was reminiscent of the simple look of the T2 playfield graphics. A Steve Ritchie game of pinball that is exciting and fun to play and lets the gameplay speak for itself.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #261 on: March 16, 2014, 12:46:52 PM »
great feedback.

do u think u might buy a star trek pro or a mustang pro , sooner or later ??  !@#  both look great don't they !
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #262 on: March 16, 2014, 12:53:02 PM »
i played the LE at qld timezone and loved it,on the other hand the pro that they had looked cheap and unfinished.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #263 on: March 16, 2014, 05:36:39 PM »
I'm a fan of the Pro model due to the cost and consider it a bare bones players machine and take it for what is. I have no plans to buy a Star Trek Pro, but if I had a magic pot of gold, would definitely add it to my collection. Not a fan of cars, so the Mustang machine doesn't do anything for me at all. Even if the gameplay gets rave reviews, it doesn't fit my music, movie and tv pop culture collection criteria.

Offline JohnBryce0712

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #264 on: March 16, 2014, 06:13:38 PM »
 *%*I've played the le and pro considerably. I ordered a premium then after a bit of a think I rang Bruce and changed to a pro and couldn't be happier. The le is amazing but I saved coin, added mods that wanted and the pro is a great looking machine.

Couldn't disagree more with thinking the pro looks cheap and unfinished (no new pin is or looks cheap!).They are the same game minus some bling which I added anyway. A lot of people share your views Adam that the pro is a very good package for the money. I was fortunate to be able to have afforded the Premium and still got the pro based on value and playability.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 06:20:34 PM by JohnBryce0712 »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #265 on: March 16, 2014, 07:46:17 PM »
Nothing wrong with the pro guys Star Trek even has color changing LEDs so personal choice and I for one like that stern offers a selection or choice on models :-) and they still have more features than some of the old clappers had.

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #266 on: March 16, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »
I have LE cause of the nice cabinet bling but I would like the pro for play just as much as the LE. Pro is better value for money.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline JohnBryce0712

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #267 on: March 16, 2014, 07:59:50 PM »
yeah selection is good. pin before star trek I picked premium, then pro for st. You can cut back and get the pro and mod it a bit or take the full awesome bling of the le's. A good player is a good player regardless.

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #268 on: March 16, 2014, 10:16:35 PM »
I like the choice available with Stern machines. I choose Pro so I can put the other $2000 into my next pinball purchase. I think $11000 for a Jersey Jack pinball machine is crazy money....for future me, read this thread the day you purchase your first new in box JJP machine, you crazy person you!
;-)

Sitting on the couch at home now thinking "if only I could have another game of Star Trek now....."

Offline skywalker

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #269 on: March 16, 2014, 10:53:13 PM »
That ST pro at knox plays great, always make a effort to get there, cheaper playing that one than buying one  #@#