Author Topic: Sunday Pinball Questionnaire - part 69 - pinball god  (Read 5320 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Sunday Pinball Questionnaire - part 69 - pinball god
« on: January 14, 2013, 11:21:54 AM »
Would be great to see new members and old hands contribute a questionnaire  #*#

1. Earliest pinball memory?
2. All time favorite pin? Why?
3. Favorite pinball manufacture?
4. Favorite game in your collection? Why?
5. How long have you been collecting?
6. First game and how did you find it?
7. Do you still have it?
8. What are you currently working on?
9. Most wanted game to add to your collection?
10. Best all time bargain game added to your collection?
11. Worst ever miss – tell us about the one that got away!
12. Worst ever purchase – tell us about the game you wished you never bought
13. Describe your collection
14. Describe your gamesroom
15. Do you have other games other than pinball?
16. Where can you see the hobby in 10 years?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Sunday Pinball Questionnaire - part 69 - pinball god
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 07:59:16 PM »
1. About 1967 at age of 5 seeing my first pinball at the local fish and chip shop. Mum put a coin in and I was hooked. From then on I was sounding the streets looking for coke bottles to claim the refunds and begging mum for 5 cents to play a game or even better was watching the older kids play. I learnt the shots while watching and won my first game via score a couple of months later. My first boner I reckon  %.%

2. Funhouse is my favourite because of the theme, rudy and the music. It makes me feel happy even when I get creamed. TZ I a very very close second.

3. Williams/Bally as that's the maker of the games I own and like. Thinking of the games I played at uni and enjoyed seemed to be WMS/Bally games.

4. Funhouse but all the games in my collection are there for a reason and that's because they are my favourites. What's the point of owning something for something's sake.

5. Collecting since 1993 when I bought a T2. Didn't buy my next until 2005

6. T2 and bought from leisure and allied. Ignorance as that's where I thought was the only place to buy pinball and the dot matrix style of T2 looked cool.

7. I still have Arnie and it looks and plays 300% better than when purchased.

8. Space invaders pinball in which I have a better playfield to install. Currently plays well but cosmetically will look heaps better when done.

9. CV, monster bash for fun or a NIB for the buzz of being the first to knda play it.

10. Revenge from mars for just above $2k and got lucky with a replacement glass.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:01:08 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 08:46:59 PM »
11. Missed a most sought after Paragon last year. Found it but was told he was too busy to visit Saturday, but sunday ok. Rang Sunday and as we spoke he sold it to a guy at his house. Missed by an hour or two I'm guessing.

12. None so far but T2 is being played less and less.

13. All games have something unique with an innovation possibly not seen prior to its release like my P2000 games, or T2's dot matrix. Also I try to ensure I have most of the features found in pinballs, at one game will have a plunger, another a gun grip etc. I have at least o e game with a spinner, drop targets, magnets, upper playfield, monitor, ramps and so on. All have interesting playfield artwork Nd great colours/light shows.

14. My games room is part of the house and not in a garage, as I didn't want my games to be considered as something to be hidden away from visitors. Everyone who has come to my house sees my pinballs. I'm proud of them and the hobby. Plus it's cool in summer and warm in winter if you get my drift. Would enjoy a garage games room too to get away from the wife sometimes. The room itself is functional, very pinball with its artwork on the wall etc and is me in all respects.

15. I have a hankin tabletop which had pacman but I changed to a 48 in 1 system. Gets the odd game every month or two.

16. Seeing what is being produced recently, I see new boxes but nothing innovative in design nor creative in themes. In 10 years we're all going to be nearing 60's on average and maybe struggling to maintain the same passion let alone lifting these mutha's and I think we are the main buyers. So I think the industry and hobby with pretty much disappear. I pose this thought, how many 18yo's want to buy and drive a 1960's Holden or ford? I'm guessing they prefer the latest technology to drive; same goes with pinball and hence why Xbox wins. Stern and the rest need to think outside the box and forget what maybe us old farts want and punt on what kids of today and pinball may have in common. A bleak view which I'm happy to be wrong in.

Thanks for listening  <..>

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 11:12:36 AM »

Damn - Missed a Paragon by 1 hour ! Would have been sweet to have The three widebodies - Paragon, Embryon and Space Invaders.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 01:10:54 PM »
Nice one Rob! Great read mate  ^^^

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 07:48:12 PM »

Damn - Missed a Paragon by 1 hour ! Would have been sweet to have The three widebodies - Paragon, Embryon and Space Invaders.
Still looking as I agree would make a good threesome. He sold it for less than offered site unseen as it developed a problem when showing the guy and he panicked. Went for mid teens and from photos looked a treat.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 07:48:57 PM »
Nice one Rob! Great read mate  ^^^
Always nice to hear from you Matt