Author Topic: Stern - Big Juicy Melons - going into production  (Read 57352 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Stern - Big Juicy Melons - going into production
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 08:39:41 PM »
+ 1 pinsanity

in edition the spike system has just been released but has been around for a while as it was used in "The Pin" to prove the system worked so the development costs were a while back and it must be cheap it it was in the pin.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 09:43:28 PM »
Internet puffery. What a load of wank.
You don't have a sense of humour.

If you can't afford it get a better job was a joke.lol
Anything ending in lol like the above comment means it was comedic or was a joke, sarcasm etc etc etc etc

Less time looking up big words in dictionary's and more time with us commoners Pinsanity and you won't have to look up big fluffy words like puffery. Lol

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 10:00:47 PM »
+ 1 pinsanity

in edition the spike system has just been released but has been around for a while as it was used in "The Pin" to prove the system worked so the development costs were a while back and it must be cheap it it was in the pin.

Good point, swinks. I forgot they already had spike beta testing underway in The Pin. I also believe a member here on AP spotted one in an ACDC quite some time ago as well.

The R and D argument alone to justify the price gouge on current models just doesn't add up.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:41:58 PM by pinsanity »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 01:15:55 AM »
Less time looking up big words in dictionary's and more time with us commoners Pinsanity and you won't have to look up big fluffy words like puffery.

You are confusing alleged superiority with a refusal to be servile. You cannot use someone like studley as your yardstick with which to measure how you would like a person from SA to behave in your online presence.

If you require a benchmark standard then I suggest you look to someone like Creech this forum's founder and fellow South Aussie who had the foresight to set up AP as a direct antithesis to curtail personality types such as yours and not have this forum become just another AA clone.

You have 10 people on this forum directly ignoring you. That represents well over 50% of the active regular membership contributors. Does this not register with you at all?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2015, 02:02:59 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhh yes, the 3 or 4 people who set up multiple accounts to make a political statement out of the hundreds of people who read everything every night.
It's not a popularity contest but if it were, I am sure you would claim that you surely are the winner.
Using other members names as your so called yardstick is just rude, disrespectful and typically elitist.

Try not to be a total dick and stick to pinball.
That's if you can get out of the mirror for ten minutes.

I have dozens of friendly PM,s every week from many many members, have a large contact of friends from the forum, so I will keep doing my posts my way, and you can keep doing your big word puffery posts your way.
How's that sound book worm ?

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2015, 02:57:11 AM »
Clearly you have some deeper psychological issues going on champ.

Like your similar recent behaviour towards Pop Bumper Pete, I'll leave you to fester in your anger.

You can keep checking in all night if it makes you feel better and make sure you get the last reply.

By the way, the words being used aren't all that complex, perhaps the fault lies closer to home? It isn't as though I am typing in some foreign language like "Chineese".  %$%

EDIT:
Ouch, I just got an ignore added. Who could it be now with only one other person currently logged in to the forum?

*.*

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 03:14:41 AM by pinsanity »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 03:08:19 AM »
Your a doctor now ?

I have no anger, just some sarcasm and wit. Don't take things too seriously, you might have a stroke. Lol

When you are laying in bed, how many mirrors have you put up on the ceiling ? Is it easy typing laying down ? Lol

I haven't hit the childish ignore button cause I can read your posts. It must be someone else who doesn't like big dictionary words like puffery. Lol  @@*

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2015, 05:07:12 AM »
Less time looking up big words in dictionary's and more time with us commoners Pinsanity and you won't have to look up big fluffy words like puffery.

You are confusing alleged superiority with a refusal to be servile. You cannot use someone like studley as your yardstick with which to measure how you would like a person from SA to behave in your online presence.

If you require a benchmark standard then I suggest you look to someone like Creech this forum's founder and fellow South Aussie who had the foresight to set up AP as a direct antithesis to curtail personality types such as yours and not have this forum become just another AA clone.

You have 10 people on this forum directly ignoring you. That represents well over 50% of the active regular membership contributors. Does this not register with you at all?

you do not know me ruben.but i have given you the oportunity meet and great.and yes i can't spell either.

Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Stern - Big Juicy Melons - photos and video
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2015, 08:51:18 AM »
here are a few photos, and does look nice and original as it looks like it is coming with wood rails, and it looks like the score reals are lcd (click the photos as they do enlarge)

1. the selling product

2. the LE version with a topper  %.%

3. and a early video
utoplay=1&rel=0

I can see one mod for the crate - make a opening drawer - may as well store crap in there.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:58:36 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2015, 09:53:11 AM »
I like the look of it nice PF :) is it a multiple player using one score reel? Or just a single player? I haven't followed this game so don't really no a lot about it but I couldn't imagine in this day and age a one player game!

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2015, 10:31:56 AM »
I like the look of it nice PF :) is it a multiple player using one score reel? Or just a single player? I haven't followed this game so don't really no a lot about it but I couldn't imagine in this day and age a one player game!

1 score real / one player only as it is a retro approach

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2015, 10:55:26 AM »
Seriously folks - keep the thread on topic and leave the personal stuff out of it.

Stern have a large problem on their hands. Those that claim the price hike is due to the R&D of the Spike system miss the point that Stern developed Spike well before Wrestlemania. In fact, in simple terms, the success of AC/DC funded Spike. Spike didn't miraculously occur overnight. It would have been budgeted and funded with games produced 18 months ago. In simple terms, sales from Metallica funded spike. Sales from TWD will fund a new system that their R&D are working on now.

Again, like after the massive success of AC/DC, Stern have another hit on their hands - TWD. BUT - all the LE buyers that had committed to the LE (that I know) are NOT buying "anything" Stern release due to the price rise. This is Global - not confined to AUS. Nothing to do with the AUS$. So now we arrive at another fiasco and again, Stern back peddle. There is no way anyone would pay for BJM. Absolute lunacy.

Ironic that when any boutique manufacturer gets involved with a larger company, the price automatically hikes. Is it a case of Stern monopolizing the industry by making the boutique manufacturers pay a huge fee (designed to put them out of business) ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2015, 11:22:02 AM »
I am now a little miffed! I really need more details as it looks COMPLETELY different to the original. I mean a kick out instead of gobble hole, return lanes, no manual ball lift, LCD score reels-WTF pfft.
Please release some confirmed details soon STERN.
I can not buy on aesthetics alone. It MUST have an old school feel.  !@#
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2015, 12:30:24 PM »
I think Stern would've been best to leave it to the boutique manufacturer. I think the playfield looks very boring.
I can't see the appeal with this game and I think pinball prices across the board ( new and used ) are too high now.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2015, 12:58:57 PM »
I suspect that the money people backing stern now are focused,  as money people will be, on maximizing return, and pressing the envelope to see where the burst spot is. What better way than a non-direct stern product? Clever money people.  Or maybe not given the reaction.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”