Author Topic: My second pin has arrived - Pro football  (Read 17482 times)

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
Re: My second pin has arrived - Pro football
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2009, 09:19:49 AM »
yeah now maybe you can see my predicament  :lol, Nino calls for the closed switch to be 1 maroon wire and 1 maroon and white.. i dont see a solid maroon in there. I've also got tri colour wires in there which Nino didnt mention. arrrrrrggghhhh  !@)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2009, 09:36:26 AM »
Hey Rob .. is that the whole manual in that PDF you posted ? In Williams EM manuals they list each relay switch stack and the wire colour connected to each switch . I'm not sure about Gottlieb manuals cause I haven't seen one before  !@#
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline dj10555

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2009, 10:53:44 AM »
Rob,

I had a look at your photos, your drawing and Nino's drawing. The colour of the wire has faded a lot but they still seem to match up. If you try to match the two drawings they do match up.  Looking at your 3rd photo, the wires on the the left switch stack are listed as white/purple & brown but these appear to match with Nino's maroon & maroon + white. The stack behind this is listed as green/white & white/small purple dot, these match with green/yellow and yellow with black stripes. The yellow has faded to white. If you assume that it is just the switches which are mangled and the wiring has not been hacked then I wouldn't worry about the diagrams too much. Just put the relays side by side and move one wire across at a time to the same location and I think you will get it going. As long as you have 4 open switches and 1 closed switch on the replacement relay you should be fine. 

I'm sure Dave will get it running for you but let me know if you need a hand.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2009, 11:14:03 AM »
Rob,

I had a look at your photos, your drawing and Nino's drawing. The colour of the wire has faded a lot but they still seem to match up. If you try to match the two drawings they do match up.  Looking at your 3rd photo, the wires on the the left switch stack are listed as white/purple & brown but these appear to match with Nino's maroon & maroon + white. The stack behind this is listed as green/white & white/small purple dot, these match with green/yellow and yellow with black stripes. The yellow has faded to white. If you assume that it is just the switches which are mangled and the wiring has not been hacked then I wouldn't worry about the diagrams too much. Just put the relays side by side and move one wire across at a time to the same location and I think you will get it going. As long as you have 4 open switches and 1 closed switch on the replacement relay you should be fine. 

I'm sure Dave will get it running for you but let me know if you need a hand.

I agree - they relays match. The colors may not look the same, but it will be a functional relay.

There is a disclaimer on the Gottlieb schematics warning that sometimes the colors may not necessarily be exactly the same.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2009, 11:16:28 AM »
My 2 cents is I agree with Derek and Nino .  If I were to come over to lend a hand, Rob, I would be doing exactly what Derek has suggested .
Like many others I have often fallen into the trap of overthinking a problem .. the KISS principle is the best way to go  ^^^

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2009, 11:27:16 AM »
i guess its time to stop procrastinating and just doing. Will try tonight or tommorrow morning and of course post results. Thanks guys, lots of info and yes im overthinking it and im sure that is due to me trying to avoid the problem by finding excuses. Time for me to HTFU!!

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2009, 11:48:08 AM »
i guess its time to stop procrastinating and just doing. Will try tonight or tommorrow morning and of course post results. Thanks guys, lots of info and yes im overthinking it and im sure that is due to me trying to avoid the problem by finding excuses. Time for me to HTFU!!

Mate I'm guilty of that too with my Firepower  %.%, but have also been sidetracked from fixing it because I'm fiddling with my EM's  :D

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2009, 03:33:19 PM »
There go rob now you have no excuse i excpect you to have played a game by monday??  wishful thinking never hurt any one

Offline bossninja17

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2009, 10:33:50 PM »
Rob, Dave and Co
I've been watching this topic with great interest as I have a Pro Football that is about 90% back together but not working properly. The help and offers given by AP members is amazing.
My Pro Football wont be back on the operating table until November. My son is doing the HSC this year and Mrs Bossninja has laid down strict rules about no distraction.
If you guys are willing and able to assist me one afternoon in November (I'm at Epping), the BBQ & drinks will flow in appreciation.

Shouldn't be a problem mate ..
Don't suppose you've got a manual for your's do you ?

Dave
All I've got is a pdf of the schematics that I printed out and pasted together.
Mark
Just thinking if you did it would be mighty hand if I could borrow it to help sort out Rob's game . I work at North Ryde so pass thru Epping to/from work.

Cheers
Dave

Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #189 on: May 23, 2009, 05:21:03 PM »
alrighty then, i swapped the new relay in and just transferred each wire to the exact position as it was on the old relay. Started it up and it didnt reset the reel to 100 (as before) and soon as i hit the spinner (100 points) the coil got stuck. (as before) bloody hell!!!!  !!!

Now where is my axe  :lol

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #190 on: May 23, 2009, 05:21:57 PM »
For sale - 1 x Pro Football going cheap...

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #191 on: May 23, 2009, 05:22:52 PM »
Bugger......   Did you spin one of the switches around so its normally closed??

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #192 on: May 23, 2009, 05:25:19 PM »
sure did, the furthest from the coil on the 2 switch side. And ajlaird you're not far from the truth there  :lol

And im trying to do a planned outage for work at the same time  :lol, they arent happy when i dont answer them quickly  *)*

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #193 on: May 23, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »
Keep it at, mate, you will get there in the end.

Just have to imagine how satisfying it will be when it all works!

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #194 on: May 23, 2009, 05:30:16 PM »
Right back to the drawing board.  Lets recap whats been done New score reel and score relay with the same outcome.

Does the score reel move when you hit other target?  Or when you got upto 100 points by clocking 10 scores?