Author Topic: STOP PRESS::: New Homepin LED DMD in early development  (Read 54873 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
I have had a lot of interest in this project from a lot of quarters. It is actually moving along pretty well. I am in my China office from next Wed for 5 weeks and I already have one of my staff set aside to spend most of that time with me on this project. They have made appointments at LED manufacturers, plastic injection mould making factories and LED assembly plants.

The first step in this project is to have the LEDs manufactured to my specs. Then comes the plastic frame. After that it will come together fairly quickly. Despite what a lot think, things move pretty slowly in China.

Here are some 'teaser' engineering drawings of the plastic frame and the LEDs (they may not represent the finished product and certain 'sensitive' info removed):

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Agentbarry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
This project looks awesome! you can count me in for one when it comes out

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
will you just pull out the magic wand and get them ready  %.%
I keep having to buy plasma displays to replace my customers faulty displays.

On a lighter note i had some one tell me to day that the reason why the dmd display is only half working at any one time on the machine they are selling is because the batteries on the CPU board need replacing.  !@#
thank heavens for that, i thought i would have to replace the display but it turns out i can save heaps of $$$ just by replacing 3 batteries.  #@#

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:

On a lighter note i had some one tell me to day that the reason why the dmd display is only half working at any one time on the machine they are selling is because the batteries on the CPU board need replacing.  !@#
thank heavens for that, i thought i would have to replace the display but it turns out i can save heaps of $$$ just by replacing 3 batteries.  #@#

Yes, those batteries cause all sorts of stupid problems don't they... %.%

Offline Greg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au

Yes, those batteries cause all sorts of stupid problems don't they... %.%

next project...... batteries

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:

next project...... batteries

I'm working on FRAM at the moment for most battery backed up RAM replacement. Others have done this already but (IMO) their prices are a bit steep for what is offered......I'm starting with 2464 as that is what's on the WMS MPU

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Some parts for our test setup arrived this morning from some suppliers. These parts will be used to build a few prototype units so we can tweak things a little. More to happen on this project next week.

I have also been in negotiation over the colour filters with several suppliers (the following ARE NOT the final colour choices and may not render correctly on your computer screen):

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
If you need a test pilot for a green dmd for a creech, let me know
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts