Author Topic: Stern USA - John Borgs next title due >  (Read 12493 times)

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Re: Stern USA - John Borgs next title due >
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2015, 09:55:07 PM »
ha - hilarious. but honestly how addictive is this hobby. you guys know i'm pretty new to collecting (not to pinball) & i could easily find myself buying 20 machines if left to my own devices - but the wife is like "why do you even need two?" (yeah, I know, I have two).

I can see Ferrari working as well. Now, here's my question - why didn't Harley Davidson work??

Ps. A Ferrari pin would cost $2,000 per service each 100 games - that might be an issue.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:02:00 PM by andypinboy »
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2015, 10:00:43 PM »
apparently Stern has the licenses for:

Superman
Kiss
Game of thrones
Fast and Furious

and the rumour is Borg is doing FnF

Does anyone know if Stern got the FnF licence before or after Mustang was on sale?  If before, I expect Stern would put FnF asside.

A super theme can sell almost any play field.  ACDC was a super theme, Mustang (car theme) was not.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2015, 10:01:13 PM »

No room left in the garage for cars  %.%

A few weeks ago I picked up three games from Nino, and already had two in the garage (one of mine and a resto for a friend)...When I complained to my wife I didn't have enough space (four car garage!) she suggested I take the old two seater to her parents...I almost said why doesn't she just leave her car on the street, but thankfully I managed to engage brain before mouth.

Lucky you pulled yourself up Nick  %.% I've been known to suffer from similar brain fades myself from time to time.
 I currently have 1 in the garage and the rest in the games room. I'll put one more in the games room (as many as the wife will let me, not that I'm under the thumb  !@)  ) and then I'll be looking at the garage a little harder. I'll likely do an extension on it so I can keep the cars in there as well as having the room for more games and space to continue restoring my games which is somthing I've really enjoyed doing.

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2015, 10:03:57 PM »
I can see Ferrari working as well. Now, here's my question - why didn't Harley Davidson work??

I think Harley Davidson did work - it had three production runs.

Everyone seems to hate the game, yet it had three runs.  That shows that the theme did work.  The theme alone saved what is recognised as a weak playfield.

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2015, 10:06:55 PM »
apparently Stern has the licenses for:

Superman
Kiss
Game of thrones
Fast and Furious

and the rumour is Borg is doing FnF

Out of those ones I'd love to see Superman and Game of Thrones the most. I'm addicted to GoT and Superman is just timeless for me. They are two titles I'd seriously look at buying, provided the game play was also great.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2015, 10:20:06 PM »

I think Harley Davidson did work - it had three production runs.

Everyone seems to hate the game, yet it had three runs.  That shows that the theme did work.  The theme alone saved what is recognised as a weak playfield.

That's not a bad point - not a sales failure - just not highly regarded now. So, imagine if someone did Ferrari well - you basically couldn't stuff-up the look - as long as the game play was strong it would be a grand slam pin.

Out of those I like Superman - ageless!! Kiss too hard an act to follow (just my opinion), GoT okay but I'm just not a big fan of the tv-series pins. If Stern has Superman & does it well then the sky's the limit.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2015, 10:35:18 PM »

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2015, 10:49:17 PM »

So Superman for you too Peter?  %.%

Don't worry I think Kiss would be cool as well, hopefully it's as good as it should be. I know a lot of you real Kiss fans have waited a long time for this and would want this one to be somthing very special.
I'll be first in line for your un-boxing!

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2015, 10:54:09 PM »
Ooooops - sorry - didn't realise a huge fan was present!! Just saying the old version pin is quite iconic... However, I bet that tongue cld tell a few stories, kind of don't like it pointed at me (where's CoT with his disinfectant).

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2015, 10:55:32 PM »
Thinking about the timing, TWD was released not long after it was announced that Stern got the Kiss licence.  JPop took his non playable prototype to Chicago expo I think (oct 2014), only to have the licence granted to Stern just a few weeks after.  So the timing is right that Borg could have been given KISS immediately after TWD, with instruction to get this done ASAP.

KISS would have wanted to rush out the game out to coincide with their just released album - something that Stern probably explained to the KISS marketing people was not achievable by JPop.  Stern probably passed the game to the person they feel is their fastest designer - the master John Borg.

...This has to be a KISS machine!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:58:55 PM by Brunswick Brawler »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern USA - John Borgs next title due >
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2015, 11:07:31 PM »
Gee I hope it's KISS the dam money is burning a hole in my pocket  *%* Stern I'd like a color small LCD similar size to the frankenstein DMD. I have tickets to there two Melbourne shows in October so release it before then please and I'm happy with John Borg designing it :)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2015, 11:11:44 PM »
Gee I hope it's KISS and the dam money is burning a hole in my pocket  *%* Stern I'd like a color small LCD similar size to the frankenstein DMD

I hope it lives up to your expectations.. this is not a pin that Stern can miss the mark on

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2015, 11:15:04 PM »
They play music yeah?

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2015, 11:20:01 PM »
Gee I hope it's KISS and the dam money is burning a hole in my pocket  *%* Stern I'd like a color small LCD similar size to the frankenstein DMD

I hope it lives up to your expectations.. this is not a pin that Stern can miss the mark on

Fingers crossed :)

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2015, 11:31:01 PM »
I think BB is correct. I hope Borg doesn't get mixed up and put out a flying gene simmons with square glasses. My guess is Kiss (John Howard backflip on that one) & if not then it's Superman. If it's fast n furious Stern will go out of business.