Author Topic: Spooky's 1st Production Pin - America's Most Haunted  (Read 57411 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Ghost Squad - by Ben Heck
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 07:24:40 PM »
playfield does look great. awesome.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 09:56:56 PM »
More videos of the progress ahead of the Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend (posted by Ben Heck on Pinside):

http://www.youtube.com/embed/YXrqQIi8mDs?autoplay=1&rel=0
http://www.youtube.com/embed/DZU2YlsPmD4?autoplay=1&rel=0
http://www.youtube.com/embed/IEcAc49zKmo?autoplay=1&rel=0

Looking very, very good. Enjoy, SV.

P.S. Also had trouble with the embedding thing, if anyone wants to try please go ahead.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 11:01:49 PM »
That's a great looking table and I love the theme! Looking forward to pricing.

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 11:44:59 PM »
he has a long way to go......but i really like the artwork n toys, has a scooby doo cartoon feel to it, which is very fresh.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:50:00 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 08:55:04 PM »

An update from Ben

"New video, showing how to advance Abandoned Hospital mode and fight "Ghost Doctor" for 2 ball multiball.

Yeah I did the art, I used to be a graphic artist. Still need to do plastics, backglass and cabinet. You'll notice the game title isn't on the playfield in case we change it, I'm well aware Sega has an (albeit old) arcade shooter called Ghost Squad."

utoplay=1&rel=0
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 09:07:59 PM »
This playfield art is just EXCELLENT. Very simple, but extremely effective. The shadow/silouhete people in black down the bottom, the ghosts wearing sunnys on each of the outlanes, the ghost up the top, all the other playfield art is very well thought out.

Then u look closely at the toys, mechanical n moving, like the door, the ghost up top, the ramps, the ball lift/lock, and all the other stuff, its an attractive proposition.

The ONLY negatives i see so far, from the players position, so far, u cant see the top right corner rollovers, or the top left pop bumpers, but a very simple fix, is to have the playfield backboard as a crystal clear angled mirror, and all instantly solved with some decent general illumination lights up there as well (someone send him my idea please).

This machine is coming along well. The cabinet art and translite art should be awesome-hopefully. Hope its something very close to the playfield art. If it is, I would seriously look at buying one for sure, just based on what i am seeing so far. The art on the playfield has sold me.  ^^^
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:10:14 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 09:16:08 PM »
I agree Cavey the art is excellent, he is a very talented guy

It might be better than you think as hard to tell with some of the shaky camera work but I love the layout, the inserts, the art - should be a great player and sure there will be game play vids soon with the Midwest Gaming Show coming up very soon.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 09:30:38 PM »
Yes, even if he takes another 6, 12 or 18 months, it doesnt matter to me if he gets it absolutely right.

!@#  Can he match the programming requirements of the big boys like Stern and JJP with the code, and the dot matrix displays ??  !@#

IF he can nail that, he might have a pearler.......who is doing the code ?? are they on the ball like Lyman/Galvez etc....?

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 09:45:49 PM »
pretty sure he is doing the code and also the dots - I think he is capable and probably picked Jpop's brain a bit I reckon.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 07:33:49 AM »
to help get a picture of the structure of the game he has a full ****** intergrated with the features and had all friends do different characters.

charlie jumped on and said this about ghost squad

"Wait until you see this puppy in person... and we'll be proud as hell to build some Ghost Squad games for Ben!
He's put a ton of time and effort into this game, and it really shows. Wait until you hear all the modes... I'm still laughing at Dennis's lines! My wife sure had some unique things to record too.  
Back to work. Sooo much to do before MGC!"

and Bryan Kelly this to say

"I've got to tell ya Chuck, when Ben asked me do some voice work, I had no idea what it involved but it sounded like fun. Then you guys show up for the Ball Crawl and Ben pulls out his "******" and I thought holy shit. I forget how many pages Ben said it was, but I can't even imagine how long it took for him to write that, let alone build the game. After doing the recording, I could tell Ben put one hell of a lot of thought into how the voice calls were integrated with each mode in the game. It was insane and extremely well done.

I can't wait to see and hear the game this weekend."

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 02:21:53 PM »
 #*#another mode vid released

"Hospital Mode, running through with audio & DMD.

Sorry the music is a bit loud. Can't really dial in the volume until I play it with glass on."

utoplay=1&rel=0

---- might be a little too much talking / story dialogue but the dots look alright
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:25:07 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 05:58:00 PM »
A few people have also commented on the long speech and I think at this weekends  MGC show the public will give thoughts and feelings allowing the game to  be fine tunes.

Ben responded

Oh yes, this game has tons of dialog. I guess we'll have to see how it plays out at MGC, without any "glass off" cheating.

Maybe condense the "mode advance" dialog, and keep the Ghost Battles rich in dialog, so they retain character.

Going to try and have Haunted Bar (Ghost Whore) and Hotel (Pyscho Ghost) modes ready for MGC as well.

Dots are Photoshop images, manipulated in After Effects, output as Bitmap Sequences in Adobe Premiere, converted to DMD dots via a custom Java programmed by Christ Kraft.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline McFly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2013, 10:48:30 PM »
ghostbusters is copyrighted so ghost squad it is.....hmm, a very 80's feel to it....It didnt grab me at all but i do wish them well.

Will you have any issues with the Trade Mark on Ghost Squad by Sega...  !@#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Have u guys seen these before ??  !@#  I found some more of Ben Hecks videos.

This guy is a crack up. He takes the piss out of everyone, how very cool.  %.% %.%

After watching some of his 72 videos on his youtube channel, it has made me think that his pinball would be awesome and full of personality for sure.lol

Enjoy !  ^^^

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2013, 09:06:08 PM »
a grab from Spooky's facebook

"The King playing Ben Heck's "Ghost Squad" in our "Pinball Zombies From Beyond The Grave" proto cabinet. Our favorite quote of the weekend.... Steve Ritchie saying "Hey guys, this game DOES NOT suck!". ;-)"

a great endorsement

for pinball t-shirts